HRS - Model MI Series - Hygienic Multitube Heat Exchanger
The HRS MI Series is complete stainless steel shell and tube heat exchanger designed for hygienic applications. The product flows through the interior tubes and the service fluid flows through the surrounding shell. The MI Series is an ideal heat exchanger for pasteurisation applications. Using HRS corrugation technology, both heat transfer and efficiency are increased over standard smooth tube heat exchangers. In addition, potential fouling is minimised.
Expansion bellows are fitted to absorb the differential expansion between the shell and the inner tubes. Multiple units can be interconnected for larger applications. Options include frame mounting, insulation and stainless steel cladding.
The HRS MI Series is suitable for products with low to medium viscosities in hygienic applications.
Standard Materials of Construction:
- Service side: AISI 304 stainless steel
- Product side: AISI 316L stainless steel
Other material options available
- Service side: Flange
- Product side: Clamp
All flange & clamp types available
- External: Polished
- Internal: <0.8μ
Other surface finishes available
Design code and compliance:
- PD 5500, PED 2014/68/EU, ASME
- FDA, 3A, TR CU 032, DOSH Compliant
Applications related to Hygienic Multitube Heat Exchanger – HRS MI Series
- Food & Beverages
- Corrugated tubes for increased heat transfer
- Bellows are fitted to absorb differential expansion between shell and inner tube
- Multiple units can be interconnected and have the option of frame mounting, insulation and cladding in stainless steel
- PD 5500, PED 2014/68/EU, ASME - FDA, 3A, TR CU 032, DOSH Compliant