Marshall - Model MS60 - Muck Spreaders
From Muck Spreaders
The MS60 is an ideal size for use on small-holdings or on farms with steep ground where larger spreaders could potentially be unsafe. It has a 4mm drum and 6mm ends, which is hugely over engineered for the size of the spreader and therefore drastically improves its lifespan. The chains used in this model are case hardened flail chains with fully-welded heads, not simply held on with a bolt or pin; this significantly reduces wearing of the chains and chain heads. These are mounted on four sides of a perfectly balanced main rotor, to help create a more even spread pattern.
The sprockets used in the spreader are precision steel sprockets, not cast, located to the shaft by a 10 pitch spline. These sprockets are much stronger than cast sprockets and reduce the chance of component failure, prolonging the life of the spreader. In addition the bottom input shaft is mounted by two bearings and the drive sprocket is positioned between them for maximum strength, further reducing the chances of component failure. All bearings on Marshall spreaders are also mounted away from the drum limiting the potential damage from corrosive slurry.
The spreader lid is opened by a hydraulic ram which is made from stainless steel to eliminate corrosion. The lid itself is extremely large allowing easy loading with today’s larger loading forks and grabs. It is also worth noting our lids open vertically so the muck does not have to be edged in.
The overall strength of the spreader is further enhanced by the Marshall integral chassis design that has been used for over 30 years. This removes any stress on the drum of the spreader that could potentially cause premature cracking. On top of this the MS60 also has hydraulic brakes and lights integrated into the back rail as standard, ensuring it complies with all health and safety regulations.
The MS60 is an excellent all-round spreader that can handle the majority of customers muck spreading needs.
Features at a Glance
- Precision steel sprockets (not cast) located to the shafts by a 10 pitch spline
- The bottom input shaft is mounted by two bearings and the drive sprocket is positioned between them.
- All bearings are mounted away from the drum limiting potential damage from corrosive slurry
- A round perfectly balanced main rotor shaft with chains mounted on four sides
- All our flail chains are over-engineered for the task at hand. They are case hardened to greatly reduce wear and the heads are fully welded on, not just held on with a pin or bolt. Large 3” x 3 1/2” heads (ensures a fast efficient spread rate)
- Brakes and lights come as standard on all models (except MS45). This ensures the spreader complies with both highway and health & safety laws.
- The spreader lid is opened by a hydraulic ram which is made from stainless steel to eliminate corrosion. The lid itself is extremely large allowing easy loading with today’s larger loading forks and grabs. It is also worth noting our lids open vertically so the muck does not have to be edged in.
- Integral design chassis has been part of the Marshall spreader for over 30 years (ensures no fatigue that can produce premature cracking of the body)
- Genuine Marshall Spares – a full collection of spares are available for all models in the range
Barrel Design – The barrels on all models are fully welded and are either 4mm thick on our MS/45, MS/60 and MS/75 or 4.5mm thick on our larger models. The ends on all models are also heavy-duty with 6mm thick ends to provide an excellent service life.
Chassis Design – An integral chassis design has been part of the Marshall spreader for over thirty years. It removes any stress on the barrel of the spreader to prevent premature fatigue or cracking.
Lid Design – Every model in the range benefits from a stainless steel lid ram to eliminate corrosion. Our lids open to 89 degrees, allowing easy loading and reducing the possibility of damage.
Brakes & Lights – Brakes and lights come as standard on all models, except our MS/45. This ensures all our spreaders comply with both highway and health & safety regulations.
Sprockets – All sprockets are machined steel, not cast, and located by a 10 pitch spline to maximize service life. In addition the gearing of the sprockets on all our spreaders has been selected to provide the optimum spread.
Bearings – We only use plumber block bearings, which allows all our bearings to be placed away from corrosive slurry to limit potential damage.
Rotor Shaft – Every model benefits from a round perfectly balanced rotor shaft with chains mounted on four sides, any engineer would agree a round shaft is easier to balance. Heavy-duty starter flails allow the spreader to easily start and quickly achieve the optimum spreading speed.
Chains – The flail chains on every model are case hardened to greatly reduce wear and the heads are welded on, not just held on with a pin or bolt. Large 3' x 2.5' heads and a substantial number of flail chains ensure a fast, efficient spread rate.
Paint Finish – Since November 2011 we have shot-blasted, this is acknowledged in the paint industry as the best possible method for preparing steel for painting. The shot-blasting creates a profile for the paint to adhere to, improving adhesion and in turn the protection offered to the steel. Our five man team of trained sprayers then use the latest spraying equipment to finish our products with a dual layer paint finish. Every machine is finished with 80 microns of high-build primer and 50 microns of gloss polyurethane; this combination provides excellent protection and a high-quality finish.
Delivery – Marshall Trailers uses a computerized build system to plan production to ensure that machines are delivered on time. The final stage of delivery is undertake by our two artic lorries, a 7.5ton rigid lorry and a number of other haulage partners.
Spare Parts – Marshall Trailers has a full selection of spare parts for all our ranges, most of which can be dispatched immediately. In some cases we have spares for machines dating back forty years, which gives of mind when you buy a Marshall that you will be properly supported well into the future.