Model 2156G - Forestry Swing Machine
These go-getters won't let you down. To make these workhorses even better, we went to our toughest customers – loggers just like you – to get fresh ideas on making our swing machines more rugged and reliable. Whether you are log loading, road building, decking, shovel logging, or processing/harvesting, G-Series Swing Machines will help you move more wood, more effectively.
- Final Tier 4/EU Stage UV Engine
- Heavy Duty Undercarriage
- Larger-diameter lower rollers
- More dependable electrical architecture simplifies wiring harnesses and reduces the number of electrical connectors, fuses, and relays by approximately 25 percent.
- Undercarriage X-frames and upper-frame structures have been improved to deliver significantly longer life than previous models.
- Hydraulically driven, variable-speed fan runs only as needed, conserving power and fuel. Reversing option automatically reverses airflow to eject debris from the cooler cores, decreasing cooler-maintenance frequency.
- Larger, more durable, and higher-capacity coolers along with improved airflow help reduce hydraulic operating temperatures, for maximum component life.
- Larger-diameter rollers with polished shafts and improved seals extend wear life, while reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
- Polycarbonate windows durably meet safety requirements.
- Multi-language color LCD monitor provides intuitive access to a wealth of machine data and functions.
- A staircase at the rear of the machine eases cab entry and exit.
- Roomier cab boasts an additional three inches of legroom.
- Ergonomically correct short-throw pilot levers provide smooth, precise fingertip control with less movement or effort.
- Half-level hydraulic-control system reduces fuel consumption by three to five percent, depending on application.
- Ground-level servicing and conveniently located filters, fluid-fill locations, and grease points help ease daily checks and preventative maintenance.
- When equipped with JDLink, fast accurate remote diagnostics and rapid service response, industry-leading parts availability, and dealer support are always within easy reach.
Engine Manufacturer: John Deere
Engine Model: PowerTech PSS 9.0L
Emission Rating: Tier 4
Displacement, ltr (Inches³): 9 (549)
Engine Output, kW (hp): 186 (249)
Engine Output - Net, kW (hp): 186 (249)
Carrier Rollers - Each Side: 2
Track Rollers - Each Side: 9
Track Shoe Width, mm (inches): 700 (28)
Overall Length, mm (ft/in): 11150 (36 ft 7 in)
Transport Height, mm (ft/in): 3840 (12 ft 7 in)
Overall Width, mm (ft/in): 3480 (11 ft 5 in)
Overall Track Length, mm (ft/in): 5000 (16 ft 5 in)
Track Length On Ground, mm (ft/in): 4060 (13 ft 4 in)
Tailswing Radius, mm (ft/in): 3610 (11 ft 10 in)
Ground Clearance, mm (ft/in): 760 (2 ft 6 in)
Width Over Tracks, mm (ft/in): 3400 (11 ft 2 in)
Track gauge, mm (ft/in): 2690 (8 ft 10 in)
Dig Depth SAE, mm (ft/in): 5990 (19 ft 8 in)
Horizontal Reach, m (ft/in): 10.8 (35 ft 5 in)
Dump Height, mm (ft/in): 8790 (28 ft 10 in)
Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US)): 1080 (285)
Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US)): 195 (52)
Ground Bearing Pressure, kPa (PSI): 65.6 (9.5)
Slew Torque, kNm (lbf / ft): 120 (88507)
Travel Speed, kph (mph): 4.2 (2.6)
Lift capacity at max reach, kg (lbs): 6990 (15410)
Pump Type: Variable Axial Piston
Pump Flow, lt/min (gallons (US) / min): 236 (62.3)
Relief Pressure, kPa (PSI): 34300 (4975)
Boost Pressure, kPa (PSI): 38000 (5511)
Operating Weight, kg (lbs): 37174 (81954)