A pipe cooler cools the milk before it reaches the milk cooling tank. The heat of the milk is being removed due to cold water flowing in opposite direction of the warm milk. By pre-cooling the milk, the bacteriological level is being stabilized immediately. In addition, you can save on costs, because there is up to 50% less energy consumption. Water that has been approved as drinking water for cattle, can be used as cooling water. This means that your animals benefit from the pipe cooler as well! They will most definitely appreciate the lukewarm drinking water.
- cools efficiently due to the large exchange surface between the cold water and the warm milk
- reduces the growth of bacteria
- can be cleaned easily and properly
- is suitable for large and small quantities of milk and for milking with a robot
- has closed systems for water and milk, therefore blending is not possible
- pays for itself quickly, by reduced energy costs