Show Cattle Trailers
Regardless of the size of trailer that you choose, Elite Show Cattle Combo trailers are designed with both animal and human comfort, and safety in mind. Functional designs with the customized features you want for yourself and your animals. With a wide range of options, Elite can build a trailer that suits your specific needs.
From a distance, most trailers look alike; at Elite we invite you to look closely at our trailer to discover The Elite Difference.
Structure is the most important factor in building a trailer. Structure determines the longevity, durability, and usability of the trailer. To keep components working at a high level, the trailer foundation needs to be strong. Following are details to the Elite Structure.
- Top Rail – Elite uses a 5” radius rail with an overall height of 8” and a material thickness of 3/16”. Integrated with a drip rail to help control streaking, and die lines that add to the look and also function as a guide for uniform placement of fasteners and lighting. Elite uses a continuous top rail piece on each side from the back to the front resulting in a much stronger, more attractive structure than those who use multiple pieces. The top rail is sanded after production to provide a uniform look and smoothness.
- Bottom Rail – With a height of 9 ¾”, and a thickness of 3/16”, Elite’s bottom rail is the biggest in the industry. This engineered extrusion blends structural strength with an attractive appearance. The extrusion is built with an integrated lip that allows the running board to lock in place. Die lines add to the look and also function as a guide for uniform placement fasteners and lighting.
- Drop Gusset – Welded one-piece gussets with 3/16” thickness adds structure to provide maximum nose strength.
- Drop Wall – With a thickness of 3/16”, our drop wall is the industry’s heaviest. An engineered break on top and bottom adds strength and allows for a cleaner weld area to ensure against leakage.
- Flooring – Elite’s floor structure consists of 4” I – Beams on 9 5/8” centers. I – Beams are 4” in height with an upper 2 ½” flange that is welded to the floor and a lower 3” flange that is welded to the bottom rail. Elite utilizes a 5052 marine grade sheet floor on top of the structure to provide longer lasting protection against corrosive factors such as horse or livestock urine. The seams and perimeter are welded out to add strength and insure against leakage.
- Rear Frame – The rear frame is supported by a 2 ½” x 5” upper header up to a ¼” thick. For added strength, the rear frame side post is integrated through the floor into the bottom rail. The side rear frame posts are machine cut to provide a clean, precise fit allowing for a stronger welded structure, resulting in better fitting doors, improved seals, and less noise.
- Aluminum Side Wall Construction – Elite engineers each trailer to produce the strongest side wall construction available. This provides our trailers with strength at critical structural points. Each trailer utilizes 6005 T6 aluminum alloy posts with 8” posts at the drop wall, 5” x 1 3/8” at doors and dividers, and 1 3/8” x 2 ½” for all other side wall structure posts. The exterior, 6063 aluminum interlocking extruded slat is .125 thick. The joints for the interlocking slat allow for a weld surface of up to 3” on the side post. Elite’s tongue and groove slat is designed to accept a smooth aluminum sheet, allowing for better seals, and reducing the chance of leakage. Selected for its excellent corrosive resistance, Elite’s exterior smooth sheets are a 3004 aluminum alloy with a H291 temper and thickness of up to .063.
- Roof Construction – The Elite roof is constructed with 1” x 2 ½” posts that are strategically placed to ensure the maximum strength based on the size and needs of the trailer. The posts are arched to keep water from standing on the roof, producing a taut roof sheet and allowing for more head room in the center of the trailer. Elite’s one piece roof sheet is made of 3003 H16 aluminum and at .040 thick is 25% thicker than the roof sheet used by most other manufacturers.
Exclusive Elite components like our gates are engineered with heavy duty, proprietary extrusions and constructed for maximum strength. Utilizing welded hinges with brass fittings on our gates, Elite Trailers provides a stronger, safer, and quieter ride for your livestock. Other components such as our gate rails & slide gates have been developed to deliver long lasting operation and the best for ease of use. Elite Trailers researches it’s components insuring that the components will provide longevity, safety and reliability. Some manufacturers build specialized components without researching or testing that provide problems for the retail customer later. We don’t use our customers as research, we test product first to insure its use. The proof our component quality is shown in older Elite Trailers. When comparing other brands, look at trailers 5 years or older. You will see that the Elite Trailer is still as sound as the day it was bought. You can also be assured that Elite has not lessened the quality today, but has increased it’s quality. Then look at other brands for how their components have held up. You might be surprised! Elite uses only name brand tires that have been picked based on history of reliability and safety. Our trailers are engineered with accurate weights that give the retail customer the piece of mind that they can safely pull the trailer with the added weight of tack (including living quarters), horses, and options that could increase total weight. When comparing Elite to the competition, you will not see us cut costs by using under capacity tires or less quality tires.