The RiteHeight Sprayer Boom Height Controller keeps the sprayer booms automatically at a consistent height, eliminating the need for manual height adjustments in hilly terrain, and minimizing the risk of boom contact with the ground.
The RiteHeight system uses rugged ultrasonic range sensors mounted near the boom tips to continually monitor and maintain the height of the booms above the ground or crop canopy. That means more consistent spray height, better spray coverage, and reduced drift. And much less stress and fatigue, especially when spraying at dusk or after dark.
Because the RiteHeight Controller uses the sprayer’s existing electric-over-hydraulic controls, it can easily be installed on almost any type of sprayer. Connections are made to the solenoid valves that control the boom lift cylinders.
The RiteHeight Controller is designed to make the operator’s job easier on any sprayer. It is especially helpful in hilly or uneven fields, allowing the operator to focus on other aspects of spraying, and enabling faster operating.
- Easy to install. Only requires the installation of two sensors and simple electrical connections. No hydraulic plumbing required.
- Safeguards booms. Minimizes the chance of booms hitting the ground.
- Reduces operator fatigue. Automates boom height adjustments.
- Better spray quality. Reduces spray drift and improves spray coverage.
- Versatile. Maintains consistent boom height above ground or crop canopy (selectable).
- Adaptable. Can be installed on almost any pull type or self-propelled sprayer. Service menus are easily accessed on the controller to manually fine-tune calibration settings if needed.
- Electric-over-hydraulic. Works with standard electric-over-hydraulic controls, using open-centre or closed-centre hydraulics, and independent or shuttle type solenoid valves.
- Easy to use. Engage automatic mode with a single button push.
- Simple manual over-ride. Manual over-ride immediately disengages automatic operation.
- Reliable. Components are durable and require little maintenance.
- Choose from Three Operating Modes for optimum performance and stable operation
- Bare Ground
- Partial Canopy
- Full Canopy
- Smart self-calibration Automatically adjusts to the sprayers’ hydraulic performance.
Mounted in cab for easy operator access. Simple controls allow engaging and disengaging automatic mode, as well as adjusting the boom height on the go. The same controls are used to navigate the simple menu system to configure and calibrate the system.
Usually mounted near solenoid bank for easy electrical connections. The sonar sensors and solenoid wiring are all connected to the Interface Box, which connects to the Controller with a single cable.
- +12VDC, 1.0A (plus solenoid drive current)
Boom Height Sensors:
- Two ultrasonic sonar range sensors, environmentally sealed, in universal mounting bracket with protective break-away
Solenoid Control Outputs:
- Normally open, +12VDC when activated, 4A max. current
- L x H x D: 160 x 90 x 65 mm (6.3 x 3.5 x 2.5 inches)
- Made of impact resistant and flame retardant polycarbonate
- Gasketed to keep out moisture and dirt, but must be mounted in dry location
- Integral mounting holes, or mount using self-adhesive velcro
Interface Box Case:
- L x H x D: 160 x 160 x 65 mm (6.3 x 6.3 x 2.5 inches)
- Made of impact resistant and flame retardant ABS
- Gasketed to seal out moisture and dirt
- Liquid tight cable glands for all cable entries
- Integral mounting holes