Valmar - Airflo - Model 5500 - Pull-Type Fertilizer Spreader
Stainless Steel Booms: Designed for commercial rental operations, Valmar’s 5500 Pull-Type self levelling booms feature extra strong all stainless steel construction with break-away boom tips for added protection. The standard unit comes with a 40 ft. boom, while the Row Crop uses a 36 ft. boom. An optional kit is available to extend the Row Crop boom to 38 ft. The booms fold manually.
1000 RPM P.T.O. Fan Drive
- The 5500 PT fan is driven by a 1000 RPM power take off system. The constant velocity drive shaft is 13?8 in. diameter 21 spline and is equipped with an over-running clutch to prevent damage from sudden disengagement of the tractor PTO system. An optional 13?4 in. 20 spline shaft is available.
Ground Driven Metering System
- A hydraulically engaged metering system provides consistent application rates regardless of ground speed. Either side can be manually disengaged for 1?2 width application.
Extremely Accurate Metering Gearbox
- The mechanical gearbox uses 60 different gear ratios for metering rates at 5% increments. Rates as low as 4 lb./acre for herbicide application and as high as 400 lbs. of fertilizer/acre at 5 MPH. A bulk density scale is supplied to help match your fertilizer blend to the application rate charts.
Hydraulic Drive Metering
- The 5500 PT metering can be adapted for hydraulic drive for V.R.T. applications.
Apply Herbicides or Small Seeds
- With an optional kit, the 5500 PT can accurately apply small seeds or herbicide at low rates, something that is not possible with a spinner type spreader. The kit consists of two, 28 groove metering rollers and a fan intake reducer.
Ideal for Row Crop Application
- Tandem walking beam axles are standard on both models. The Row Crop unit is equipped with narrow tires and a 36 ft. boom for application in 36 in. rows.
Optional Marking Systems
- Select from a mechanical disc marker or a Simpson SKS foam marker.
- Roll Tarp Included
- All 5500 Pull-Types come with roll tarp installed.
- Optional Hopper Screen
- Keeps out foreign material.
- Hydraulic Drive Options:
Hydraulic Drive Metering
- A complete Rawson or Raven system can be supplied for customers interested in variable rate applications. Or a basic drive can be installed including a hydraulic motor only, for the customer to complete with a system of their choice. Does not include radar, servo valve, encoders, controller/monitor, cables etc.
Hydraulic Fan Drive
- Valmar offers an optional hydraulic fan drive. This option uses a belt drive with a 32 CC hydraulic motor requiring 23 gal./min. hydraulic flow operating at 1885 PSI which is within the capability of many of today’s higher capacity tractors.
Single Axle Option
- Features a single axle with 12 ply, 550/60-22.5 flotation tires at 90 in. center to center. Avoids the skidding associated with tandem axles when turning.
Airflo 5500 pull-type specifications:
- 170 cu. ft.
- 1 piece, 409 stainless steel construction with 2 component epoxy primer and 2 component cross linked acrylic top coat paint system
- Hopper bottom shut-off slide panels
- Roll tarp installed
- Available in 40 ft. or 36 ft. spread
- 304 stainless steel construction
- Break away boom tips
- 2.5 in. diameter tubes
- 6 deflectors per side
- Manual fold
- Self levelling
- 304 stainless metering bottoms with 6 outlets per side
- 304 stainless steel, self cleaning metering rollers
- Manual half width shut-off on either side
- Rates up to 500 lb./acre at 5 MPH down to 5 lb./acre with optional small seed and herbicide kit
- Ground drive
- Hydraulically engaged
- 60 speed gearbox with 5% between settings
- Hydraulic metering drive options
- A basic drive supplied with hydraulic motor only for completion by customer with system of their choice – does not include radar, servo valve, encoders, controller/monitor, cables etc.
- A Rawson AccuRate Drive complete with hydraulic lines that is compatible with many of today’s GPS systems
- A complete Raven System such as Viper Pro, Envizio Pro® or SCS 660
- 20 in. impeller
- 2-5 in. fan outlets
- PTO fan drive|
- 1000 RPM CV driveline, 13?8 in. – 21T spline
- 19:4.12 pulley drive ratio
- 4 band belt with spring loaded idler tensioner
- Optional hydraulic fan drive
- 32 CC motor requires 23 GPM operating at 1885 PSI
- 3/4 in. hydraulic lines
- 3/4 in. couplers recommended
- 30 in. water column manifold pressure
- Case drain required
- 6.9:4.12 pulley drive ratio
- Requires 1 remote to engage metering system
- Requires 2nd remote for optional hydraulic boom fold
- Requires additional remotes for optional hydraulic drives for fan and/or metering
- Tandem walking beam
- Adjustable axle width with available tires: 16.5L x 16.1 (81-99 in.) or 9.00 x 20 (72-90 in.)
- 2.5 in. axles with 6 bolt hubs
- Single axle
- 550/60-22.5 tires/12 ply at 90 in. center to center
- Tire Dimensions – width 550 mm (21.7 in.)/OD – 1238 mm (48.7 in.)
- 2.75 in. axles with 8 bolt hubs
- Herbicide kit includes 1 set of 28 groove metering rollers and fan intake reducer for metering finer products and lower rates
- Foam or disc marking systems
- Extension kit to extend 36 ft. boom to a 38 ft. spread
- Hydraulic boom fold
- Hopper screen assembly
- Height: 8 ft. 6 in.
- Width: 8 ft. 6 in. (9 ft. 2 in. with single axle)
- Length: 17 ft. 3 in.
- Weight: 4360 lb.