Agricultural Engineering Services
Maurer-Stutz, Inc. (MSI) is recognized throughout the Midwest for providing Agricultural Engineering Services. The Agriculture staff at MSI includes agronomists and engineers with over 120 years combined experience in the private sector, extension and government. Working with other MSI discipline specialists, the Agriculture staff is well positioned to provide professional services to clients engaged in crop production and animal agriculture with systems evaluation and planning and recommendations for design and management of facilities for livestock and poultry, crop processing and handling, irrigation, drainage and on farm storages. Maurer-Stutz, Inc. is a NRCS Certified Technical Service Provider for USDA’s Technical Assistance Programs.
Maurer-Stutz, Inc. offers extensive expertise in:
- Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plans (CNMP’s), Record Keeping and Plan Updates.
- State and Federal Permits for Construction Activities and Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFO’s).
- Livestock (Beef, Dairy and Swine) and Poultry Housing and Management Facilities Designs, including Manure Collecting, Buildings, Foundations, Heating, Ventilation, Lighting and Watering.
- Manure and Wastewater Handling and Storage solutions, including Scrape and Flush Systems; Reception Tanks, Lift Stations, Piping Systems and Settling Facilities; Manure Storage Ponds, Tanks and Stacking Areas; Treatment Lagoons, Anaerobic Digesters, Bio Gas Collection and Utilization Facilities and Liquid/Solid Separation Facilities; and Measures for Odor Treatment and Reduction.
- Grazing System Plans, including Systems for Livestock Watering and Feeding Stations.
- Facilities for handling, drying, storing and transferring grains, hay, silages and other feeds.
- Agricultural Chemical Handling Facilities, Secondary Containments and Loading/Mixing Pads.
- Irrigation Systems Design and Management.
- Drainage and Drainage Water Management Systems Design and Management.
- Energy Audits and Assessments.
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans