Velcourt's Agronomy Service is offered to farmers wishing to retain executive control of their business, but with the benefit of accessing independent, up to date agronomic information. Currently this service covers an area of around 18,000 hectares and is delivered by Velcourt Farms Directors, Farm Managers or one of the two full time Agronomy Service Managers.
The key role of Velcourt’s Research & Development department is to provide its management team with independent technology and Velcourt Agronomy Service clients receive the full benefit of this work allowing them to make informed decisions on crop management. As well as the usual agronomic advice, the Velcourt Agronomy Service also offers:
- Access to truly independent and up to the minute R&D
- Flexibility ranging from annual strategic meetings to full weekly crop walking
- Charges that reflect the level of input required, scale and cropping
- Written input recommendations and planning
- Option of Velcourt’s “best buys” input purchasing with price level and payment terms to match the managed farms