Chain Of Custody
Chain of Custody (CoC) is the process by which certified forest products are verified to come from properly managed, sustainable sources. All organizations wishing to become CoC certified must meet the minimum requirements in product traceability, product storage and handling, invoicing, and record keeping, and have an on-site audit by an accredited third-party verifier.
There are three leading standards which promote sustainable forestry management: Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI), and Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Programs (PEFC). Obtaining Chain of Custody certification to one, or all three, of these standards assures the consumer that labeled products have been produced with wood or fiber sourced from a properly managed forest.
What are the key benefits?
- Meet customer demands for proof of environmentally-friendly products and harvesting procedures.
- Increase market potential by using sustainable products.
- Help protect and renew global forests by participating in sustainable forestry practices.
- Help conserve the Earth’s resources to ensure that future generations will enjoy the benefits of the forests.
Why Choose Bureau Veritas?
- We perform a systematic, independent audit of the management system to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- We use a planned audit schedule to ensure the management system meets objectives and provides continual improvement in key areas.
- Our extensive auditor network helps reduce auditor travel costs.
- Certification from Bureau Veritas is recognized and well-respected globally.