Cladding & Decking Inspection Services
We undertake surveys of timber cladding and decking installations for clients throughout the UK. These surveys are typically carried out on behalf of suppliers of the boards, installers or building owners where there is a concern about:
- the quality of the timber used on an installation
- the quality of workmanship on-site
- excessive movement or distortion of boards
- the discolouration of boards
- the condition of cladding and decking and the timbers to which they are fixed.
Our expertise in the use of wood for these applications is demonstrated through our external timber cladding and timber decking publications.
We have also carried out practical research to understand the causes of in-service discolouration of unfinished cladding and the most appropriate means of its removal and treatment to prevent its recurrence.