For several years, the bagging system is also used for composting organic waste, sewage sludge, green forage waste and other substances. By means of ventilatory tubes oxygen will be introduced in a controlled manner into the bags. Hence, the conditions and requirements necessary for the composting can be fulfilled and the smell-intensive main composting process in the bags starts now.
Advantages compared to conventional composting:
- Great reduction of odors
- Reduction of risky rents in hot seasons
- Reduction of contamination due to blown over waste particles in windy areas
- Increase of homogeneity of the main composting process by uniform conditions in the closed plastic bag
- Reduction of dry matter losses while rotting
- Relatively low cost per ton of compost products for the overall process