Quality Control Services
Seed is the basic input that sets the potential for crop yield. It is derived from either a sound seed production scheme or from rudimentary farming systems. Seed Quality Control Services operates within the guidelines and procedures stipulated in The Seeds and Plant Varieties Act of the laws of Kenya.
Seed is the basic input that sets the potential for crop yield. It is life and is derived from either of the following systems:- a sound production scheme results in high quality seed derived from seed of known origin (SQC works to achieve this goal), or from rudimentary farming systems- derived from previous harvests hence results in very low yields. Seed Quality Control (SQC) services operates within the guidelines and procedures stipulated in The Seeds and Plant Act (Cap 326) of the laws of Kenya.
- Ensure that farmers receive quality seed input products so as to maximize their crop production.
- Ensure that farmers are not at risk of being provided with low quality inputs by fraudulent traders.
- Advice the Director of Agriculture on appropriate seeds and planting materials for export and import.
- Undertake inspection, testing, certification, quarantine control, variety testing and description of seeds and planting materials.
- Develop and implement standards on both imported and locally produced seeds.
- Approve all importation and exportation licenses for seed issued by the Ministry responsible for Commerce and Industry before such importation is implementation.
- Establish strong linkages and collaboration with various local and international government organizations so as to execute the seed tasks more professionally.