Nedap - Proactive Herd Health Management Software
From Dairy Farming
Nedap Health Monitoring registers the behavior of all your cows 24/7. It determines the health, well-being and nutritional status of a cow or group of cows in a precise way and identifies possible bottlenecks. With this information, you can find health issues early, intensively monitor transition cows and post-treatment recovery, provide better individual cow treatment and save time and costs. Nedap Health Monitoring also delivers valuable herd performance trends to improve farm processes and management.
Keep cows healthy and productive
The Smarttag Neck measures the time and moments a cow spends eating, ruminating, being inactive and showing other active behavior. The Smarttag Leg does the same for standing, lying and walking behavior and also measures the amount of steps and standups.
The system compares this behavior with standards for optimum condition, the previous behavior of the cow and the behavior of the group she is in. It turns this information into relevant alerts, to-do lists and reports so you and your team can proactively manage the health of each cow and the entire herd.
Nedap Health Monitoring detects health issues before their clinical signs and symptoms are visible to the human eye. A change in a cow’s behavior can indicate a potential health problem.
Early detection of these abnormalities in combination with quick action helps minimize the emergence of health issues, and thus prevents the possible need for medical treatment, a drop in milk production, reduced fertility, culling or even death.
Closely monitoring the behavior of cows around calving enables you to identify which cows need extra attention during this risky period, when they are more susceptible to disease because of changes in the environment, feed, energy balance and stress. A change in behavior may indicate specific health problems related to calving.Measure post-treatment recovery
Eating, rumination and activity behavior are important indicators of recovery from health issues. Cows with abnormal behavior during recovery might need additional clinical examination to stay one step ahead of serious problems.
- Nedap Health Monitoring automatically alerts when a cow needs urgent intervention
- Cows with abnormalities are shown on a list with ‘animals to check today’
- 48-hour report showing complete time a cow spent across all activities
- 60-day reports showing her day totals per activity and comparing her to the group benchmark
- Increased labor efficiency and effectiveness
- Fewer health problems
- More effective treatment
- Preventing production loss
- Improved fertility through better condition
- Extended life span
- Increased number of lactations
- Reduced culling rates
- Reduction of veterinary treatment and medication costs
- Peace of mind with more control over your herd's health 24/7