Advanced GIS Techniques for Fisheries Data Management and Analysis
From Technical / Software
This course is designed for intermediate to advanced GIS users to explore advanced ArcGIS techniques for analyzing fish telemetry and fish habitat data. We work with Fish Tracker: A ArcGIS Toolbox for kernel density estimation in animal home ranges (Laffan and Taylor, 2013). In addition to working with Fish Tracker, we will explore advanced ArcGIS Model Builder and Linear Referencing techniques for fish habitat mapping.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Use the ArcGIS Fish Tracker Toolbox.
- Use ArcGIS Model for fish habitat modeling
- Use ArcGIS Linear Referencing for fish habitat modeling.
Attendees will receive a course manual containing workshop proceedings and reference material.
This hands-on course is intended for natural resource scientists with intermediate to advanced GIS skills.
- Linear Referencing for Fisheries Event Data Management
- Geometric Network Tools for Stream Network Analysis
- ArcHydro Tools for Fish and Stream Data Analysis
- ArcGIS Model Builder for Habitat Suitability Modeling