A&P Grain Systems, Inc. is a family owned and operated business which started in 1996. However, the experience of the President, David W. Altepeter , goes back to 1981. Melissa Brady, Dave`s daughter, started working for the family business in 1997 and is currently the Secretary/Treasurer. We offer a full line of grain handling equipment. Specializing in grain bins, dryers, legs, support towers, dump pits, conveyors, grain cannons, and augers. We have worked hard to put together some of the most reliable equipment at competitive pricing. We are recognized as a major supplier by our manufacturers and our pricing reflects it.
- We don't only sell grain handling equipment. We also do complete system design and installation! Our service doesn't stop there...remodeling, preventative maintenance and repairs are a major part of our business too.
- Our service extends to all makes and models of equipment. We are pleased to announce that many of our customers receive service within just 24 hours.
- In 2008, we announced the addition of Vern's Farm Supply, Inc., previously known as Vern's Farm Systems, Inc. located in Hooppole, Illinois. Vern's Farm Systems had been in business for 37 years, offering service and installation of a variety of grain handling equipment.
- In March of 2008, Joe Butts whas hired as General Manager of Vern's and head of service. Joe strongly believes that service is essential to building great customer relations and has been a great addition to our team.
- Our Salesman Dick Porth had worked for Vern's for 27 years and is continuously working hard to provide our customers with the equipment they need!
- Our sales and service crews attend annual product and service schools to keep-up-to date on new equipment and changes.
- Together, A&P Grain Systems, Inc. and Vern's Farm Supply, Inc. service all of Northern Illinois and Eastern Iowa!