AB Linas Agro Group
UAB Linas ir Viza – the first company of our Group, was established. The company started its business with the export of the oilseed rape to Western Europe. The Group has been growing naturally and through acquisitions, engaging in still new activities. Currently, AB Linas Agro Group controls 34 subsidiariess in Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Denmark, having 2,250 employees. As of the 17th of February 2010, AB Linas Agro Group has its primary listing on Nasdaq Vilnius Stock Exchange. The core products we produce and sell are grain, oilseed, raw feedstuffs, milk, poultry and its products. We are one of the largest exporters of Lithuanian grain, in Lithuania and Latvia we have our own network of modern grain storage facilities. We are the largest poultry producer in Latvia and a major milk producer in Lithuania.
Our vision – leadership in the Baltic agribusiness sector.
Our mission :
- to create value for clients along the chain of production, processing, and trading of agricultural and food produce;
- to seek constant growth of the company’s value while ensuring maximum return on investments for shareholders and investors;
- to seek opportunities for professional development for employees in the organisation maintaining a high level of internal culture.
- striving for progress;
- long-term partnership,;
- respect to every person and the society.
The strategy of AB Linas Agro Group is to expand the core activities, by refusing none-core businesses and achieve synergies between activities. The focus is to develop and acquire such businesses that create the highest added value to the Group and its shareholders.
The main objective of AB Linas Agro Group is sustainable growth. The Group will strengthen its position in the Baltic and Scandinavian markets, plans to expand operations in Central European countries. Due to the political risk the Group does not plan investments in the CIS countries in the near future, but will actively develop commercial relations.
As activities of the subsidiaries of AB Linas Agro Group are subdivided into four basic operating Segments, the long-term objectives in each are different:
- Grain and Feedstuff Handling and Merchandising: expansion of grain trade in the Baltics, by opening new grain elevators and strengthening warehousing positions in the ports.
- Products and Services for Farming: expansion of fertilizer trade business in Lithuania, Latvia, Poland and other CE countries; build the largest and best serving network of agricultural machinery services in the Baltics.
- Food products: implementation of investment program, going from mio 62 Eur to mio 90 Eur sales within 3 years period.
- Agricultural Production: increasing productivity of agricultural companies.