Thank you for taking an interest in ASM, Inc. We have been in the independent agriculture consulting and soil testing laboratory business since 1982. The term “independent” means only our clients best interests, not product sales quotas influence our recommendations. It is our mission to provide our clients with the highest quality and up to date information necessary to profit in today’s agriculture.
History and Clientele
Since 1982, our business has grown steadily each year. The majority of our business is providing GPS grid pattern soil testing programs for farm managers, absentee landowners, and farmers. We were the first company in Central Illinois to make site-specific fertilizer recommendations. Today, we make fertilizer recommendations on nearly 600,000 acres in Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa.
• Soil Testing Laboratory
• Basic Soil Testing Program
• GPS Field Mapping
• Integrated Pest Management
• Independent Agronomic Consulting
• Yield Data Analysis (Field, Farm, Regional)
Soil Testing Lab
Our soil-testing lab is staffed by qualified laboratory personnel, all with 10-plus years lab experience. We take great pride in our internal quality control program. By measuring one known standard for every four samples run through the lab, we do our utmost to provide customers with accurate, reliable results. ASM, Inc. is a long-time member of the Illinois Soil Testing Association, and cooperates with their quality check programs.
We have three full-time agronomists on staff to serve you:
• Don Van Engelenburg, President/Agronomist, B.S. Agronomy, Iowa State University
• Phil Crawford, Agronomist/IPM Coordinator, B.S. Agronomy, Illinois State University
• Doug Walk, Field Operations Manager, B.S. Agronomy, Southern Illinois University