Agrotech Belgium is a high-tech company specialized in agricultural and agro-industrial engineering. Our company was incorporated in 1986, after ten years of intensive R&D. Agrotech Belgium has gained a worldwide reputation as the inventor and the manufacturer of the AGROMAT unit and the Fresh Fodder Factory. These technological equipments were granted a collection of prestigious Awards in first-rate international Exhibitions of Inventions, Research and Industrial Innovation. Agrotech Belgium has developed more than 41 years of know-how in the hydroponic production of green fodder for animal feeding.
Fresh fodder factory and technology for intensive production of green fodder
An intensive quantity of highly nutritive green grass for animal feeding is produced by these technological equipments, regardless of climatic conditions.
This fresh forrage is 100% natural.
More than 41 Years of Know-How and Expertise !
A TV crew interviewing Alain Humbeek, President of Agrotech Belgium, for a scientific release on the Belgian television channel RTBF in 1993.
Besides our core business that is thoroughly explained on this website, we also provide our expertise and know-how in agriculture to assist important land owners and farm owners with a view to increase the productivity and optimize the return of their land or farm. Our intervention is generally based on a success fee or on shared profits.
- A guaranteed production of fresh and wholly natural green grass each and every day of the year, independent of climatic conditions.
- The GERM technology produces the highest quality grass, of spring consistency all year through, again independent of seasonal climatic changes.
- The possibility to achieve scientifically-adapted feeding patterns based on the animals' needs as well the performance expected from them.
- Optimized zootechnical performances by the GERM technology: increase in milk production, acceleration of the fattening process with a shorter pay-back period for the capital invested in the live-stock, better resistance to disease, better reproductive performances, better taste of milk and by-products, ...
- The GERM technology is soil-less, hence there is no waste at the output: 1 T is therefore equal to 1 T net. The whole grass mass is consumed by the animals, including the roots.
- Important land saving. For example, a Fresh Fodder Factory with an output capacity of 20 T/day occupies about 2,900 m² and replaces 200 hectares of grazing land at the production level. Consequently, land thus reclaimed can be put to other profitable uses, raising overall profitability of the farm.
- More than 98% water saving. Water consumption is particularly low when compared to conventional methods involving irrigation. The GERM technology uses less than 2% of the amount of water required by conventional methods for the same output.
- Power consumption is equally low and does not significantly affect profitability ratios, bearing in mind the tremendous daily output.
- The GERM grass comes out cheaper and better as compared to many other conventional feeds. Qualitatively, the GERM grass surpasses most conventional feeds including concentrates.
- The GERM technology is of vital interest in many applications: right answer to worldwide calamities such as prolonged droughts, desertification and long snow periods to mention but a few; promotion of intensive farming even in areas where land is scarce or just plain non-productive (e.g. mountainous regions, land prone to erosion, islands ...); countries where land is expensive; the ultimate from the conservationist point of view as it can effectively combat and even reverse deforestation and alleviate the growing problem of land barrenification; effective solution for areas affected by natural disasters or different kinds of pollutions (pastures covered with ashes from volcanic eruptions or becoming radio-active as a result of a nuclear disaster, for instance).
- Thanks to the Fresh Fodder Factories, the creation of many by-industries as far as milk and meat processings are concerned (production of butter, margarine, milkshakes, yogurt, canned food, etc.) may positively and significantly influence the economy and the employment, and generate welfare, even in regions where such agricultural developments were but an utopian dream under normal circumstances.
- By guaranteeing independence and autonomy in green fodder all year through, the GERM technology allows better and more efficient farm management, accurate projections and overall productivity. Under traditional circumstances, losses and costs involved by an unfavourable occurrence (drought, desertification, ...) are of dramatic importance and their consequences may influence the profitability of the farm for years. The fatalistic attitude of the farmer, which previously prevailed by the dependence on hazardous occurrences now makes place for a real Management By Objectives.
- The Fresh Fodder Factory is a very profitable investment. All studies made worldwide show an exceptional ROE, ROI and Investment Payback Period. Therefore, such projects are worth being considered by investors who are open-minded for science and technology. We can make a feasibility study for first-rate investment companies.