Artechno, whose core business is the production of microbes pure cultures, was created in 1999 as a spin-off company stemming from research at the Walloon Center for Industrial Biology (CWBI – Belgium). This research institute on industrial biology is managed by Professor Philippe Thonart and was created in 1988 by: The Agricultural University of Gembloux (Fsagx – Gembloux, Belgium) – Bioindustries Unit. The Liege University (ULg – Liege, Belgium) – Microbial Technology Unit.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Research institute
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Artechno, a partner adapted to your needs
Artechno is the efficient and flexible answer to your multiple requests, whether you are involved in:
- Environment fields (depollution, purification, odour control...)
- Use of microorganisms or derived products (microbial starter culture, enzymes,...)
Artechno is your prime supplier if you wish to broaden your product list with natural plant or microbial products. The production of microbes pure cultures is the core business of Artechno. According to your needs, Artechno may provide you with a commodity microorganism or an end product.
In parallel fashion, Artechno has developed its own original microbes cocktails for environmental, food or health applications. Thanks to its functional links with the universities, Artechno could be your key partner for the development of new products. Artechno can provide you with high-standard facilities from pilot scale to full scale. We can study new technologies for your product.
- 'Tailor-made' cultivation and conditioning of YOUR microorganisms
- formulation of our microorganisms adapted to your needs
- preparation and commercialisation of culture media for microbes and cell culture
- environmental applications of microbial products (eg : microbial lipase)
- microbial formulations for bioaugmentation (F1803), biostimulation
- development of tailor-made product according to specialized companies specifications
- bacteria cocktails for sceptic tanks maintenance
- bacteria extracts for nutraceutic applications
- enzymes cocktails for biodegradation
- streptavidine, a molecular biology tool
- diet products for hyperproteinated diets