Bailey is a leading, competitive manufacturer and distributor of both standard and innovative custom mobile hydraulic components. We enjoy creating a revolutionary service experience for our customers. Trusted for over 37 years, Bailey is making a positive impact in our industry. So how can we make a positive impact on you today? Bailey maintains an extensive inventory of mobile hydraulic components. All Chief and Maxim hydraulic cylinders are designed to exceed industry standards. Helping you solve your toughest challenges, our revolutionary customer service team is available with technical support for our products. Custom built hydraulic cylinders and power units to meet your specific applications. Same day shipping for in stock orders placed by 3 PM. OEM dedicated sales team with special pricing options and rapid quotes. Distributor and dealer discount programs.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Bailey International LLC traces its roots back to 1976 when it was founded in the little town of Owosso, Michigan. Today, Bailey resides in Knoxville, TN, and is an industry leader in the manufacturing and distribution of hydraulic cylinders and related products. The Chief and Maxim brands are exclusively owned by Bailey International LLC.
Bailey currently employs over 130 team members, has a product selection of more than 5,100 standard items, and can custom manufacture hydraulic cylinders and power units to meet customer specifications. Bailey serves thousands of customers every year, from the average consumer or repair shop, to dealers, distributors and large original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), such as Volvo-USA and Caterpillar. Bailey’s primary sales channels include the Baileynet.com and Baileyoemsolutions.com websites, the Bailey catalog (which is released quarterly), dealers, distributors, and direct OEMs.
Impressed with Bailey’s successful growth, Pfingsten Partners LLC acquired Bailey in April of 2012 with the goal of improving and growing the company. Pfingsten has partnered with Bailey’s management team to build value through: operational improvements, professional management practices, global capabilities, and profitable business growth. To grow, Bailey will continue to create more jobs, increase production capacity, improve product selection, and foster customer appreciation with exceptional service.
The Bailey Network
The domestic and international distribution network Bailey utilizes allows Bailey products to stand out in value and quality among competitors. The relationship Bailey has developed with suppliers creates opportunities for shorter lead times, higher inventory volumes, and reliable products that you can depend on.
Bailey works directly with international manufacturing facilities which support the domestic supply chain, manufacturing, and assembly operations. By maintaining international quality control and engineering personnel, Bailey can give customers a continuous supply of high quality, reliable products at a competitive price.
Bailey products have an industry leading field reliability, due to Bailey’s domestic and international on-site quality-control monitoring and testing. Prior to production of any models we sell – Bailey conducts qualification of design testing (both endurance and destructive) to insure designs meet our strict requirements. Once designs are accepted, Bailey regularly conducts quality audits and source inspections at the production site to insure quality prior to shipment.
Additionally, Bailey provides supplier training and development to insure proper quality control is maintained throughout the production process. As an added measure of quality assurance we employ a third layer of quality control through incoming product inspections for our container shipments. All of these measures are supported by controlled drawings, controlled manufacturing processes, lean manufacturing practices, and a continuous improvement mentality. This means that every product Bailey manufactures is thoroughly tested and ready for worry free field-use.
- We will continuously improve to deliver a revolutionary service experience.
- We will build our brand, creating deep levels of trust.
- We will champion breakthrough solutions that transform the quality of life for our customers.
- We will positively impact the lives of people.
- Hydraulic Cylinders & Components
- Hydraulic Motors
- Hydraulic Power Units
- Directional Control Valves
- Gear Pumps
- Filters & Fluid Cooling Units
- Hydraulic Hoses, Fittings & Assemblies
- Rods, Tubes & Cylinder Components
- Bearings & Chain
- Seats, Wheels and other Mobile Products
Bailey is proud to be the approved manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders for many OEMs. Our ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturing facilities overseas have met the stringent requirements for many companies such as Volvo-USA and Bush Hog. Our Chief® cylinders contain the same high quality we supply to all our Original Equipment Manufacturer customers. If you are an OEM, we have the solution for customized cylinders to match your application.
Bailey's Custom Design Team has the worldwide experience and skill to address all your hydraulic needs. We can adapt to any known standard required, such as SAE, DIN, ISO and more. Our distinctive combination of domestic and international production capabilities allows us to competitively produce cylinders in quantities from a single cylinder to thousands. We also provide custom designed power units.
OEM Services, Capabilities and Solutions:
- Experienced and dedicated OEM Specialist Team
- Advanced Engineering Support for prototypes
- Custom build one cylinder or hundreds to your specs per project
- Our standard Chief welded cylinder designs are easily converted to suit most custom needs
- Custom paint matching and product labeling
- Traceable engraved manufactured date, location, model #, on cylinder tubes
- Custom boxing/pallet solutions to insure safe shipment of your finished cylinders
- Pre-staged production kits available from our wholesale selection of motors, pumps, hoses and more
- Custom Power Unit Team experienced in AC/DC and Gas power units
- International Manufacturing Facilities in North America & South East Asia
- OEM Online Account/ordering at baileynet.com
Bailey Core Values:
- Treat everyone with the highest level of respect
- Be honest, fair, and always do the right thing
- Take pride in your individual performance
- Put ideas to work to create a better future
International Client List:
- Volvo – USA
- Alamo Group – USA
- Astec Companies – USA
- Caterpillar – USA
- Alo – Sweden
- Crubher SRL – Peru
- Pahusa Products IND – Mexico
- Core Dril Internacional Sa de CV – Mexico
- Inudtrias Vazquez Sa de CV – Mexico
- Grupo Larcos Industrial LTDA – Bolivia
Our Core Values
At Bailey, we are ONE TEAM with ONE PURPOSE and that is to provide each customer with revolutionary service at an exceptional value. We strive to provide a work atmosphere that is engaging, educational and, most importantly, FUN!
Although we are building and maintaining a customer centered culture, we understand that our employees are the number one asset to our organization. We value each individual’s skills and abilities and hope they are able to utilize each of them to the fullest at Bailey.
As a part of our culture, we uphold several Core Values that are important to us as an organization. It is our expectation that all current and future team members exemplify each of these characteristics:
To build meaningful relationships with customers and team members and to treat both with the highest level of respect.
Be honest, be fair and always do the right thing.
Take pride in your work! Do your best every day!
Get creative! Think outside the box. Don’t be afraid to share your ideas!
- Major Medical Insurance, including three plan options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Traditional 401(k) Savings Plan with company match
- ROTH 401(k) Savings Plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Eight (8) Paid Holidays per year
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Community Involvement Opportunities
Due to our rapid growth, we are thrilled to announce the expansion of our manufacturing operations! Today, Bailey operates two manufacturing shifts: Monday – Thursday: 5:30am-4pm and 4:15pm-2:45am. To better serve our customers, we are excited to launch an additional shift: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12 hours/day. With the addition of this shift, we are searching for customer and quality focused individuals for all three shifts to join our team in the following positions. Qualified candidates may apply by clicking the position titles below, reviewing the job description, and completing the online application:
- Sales Applications Engineer
- 2nd Shift Packer
- Product Manager
- Machinist III
- Director of Engineering
- Design Engineer
- CAD Designer
- Account Specialist - Sales
Our Application Process:
It is important to Bailey to take our time and ensure we select a candidate that not only meets the position qualifications and requirements but also fits well with our culture. We are searching for individuals that will strengthen our core values and make valuable contributions to their own professional/personal growth and the growth of the company. Bailey is a drug free workplace, therefore a pre-employment drug-screen is required for employment.
We ask all candidates to complete our online application using the links above associated with your position of interest. Using our online application tool will also allow you to attach/submit your resume if you desire.