As energy crops expand and are being considered as feedstock for new power energy plants, many private organizations and experts are focused just on specific solutions and crops for local conditions they know. It is very difficult today to select an organization with a wider perspective, providing advice and consultancy services independently without looking forward to offer planting materials or machinery services. Bioenergy Crops Ltd. Promotes projects worldwide with a conviction that a sustainable bioenergy requires a wider range of options including residues, crops, assessments, GIS tools, agronomy and plant physiology, logistic and economic models, supply chain predictions and estimations, and environmental impact assessments. Our company joins a large list of experts, that have been working on several woody and herbaceous crops in different regions.
- Business Type:
- Consulting firm
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Bioenergy
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Our company was set up in 2012 by convergence of several strands of experience in new technologies in interrelated fields. It focus on solutions based on sustainable biomass energy production and a realistic view of biomass and dedicated energy crops. We search best friendlyenvironment and economically profitable alternatives to obtain lower costs and maximize production and logistic efficiency. Bioenergy Crops Ltd. is focused on the optimization of lignocellulosic energy crops and the use of residual biomass, helping agriindustries to become more competitive.The company works mainly in Europe and Latin America providing agronomic and environmental solutions on bioenergy and biofuels as well as participating in project development and research with several organizations in Europe.
Summary of our expertise
- Multi crop agronomy advice and evaluation
- Solutions on marginal not competitive lands
- Herbaceous and woody bioenergy crops
- Project development, monitoring and expost evaluations
- Agronomic modelsResource evaluations
- Training courses on Bioenergy
- Sustainability and applied tools
- Alternatives to promote water saving solutions
Our team has been involved with industrial crops, grasses, oil crops, woody crops in short rotation coppice and forestry, as well as project evaluations and environmental impact assessments for over 20 years. A large number of consultants and collaborators now cooperate to provide solutions to companies worldwide and promote biomass valorization, new business and sustainability.
As energy crops expand and are being considered as feedstock for new power energy plants, many private organizations and experts are focused just on specific solutions and crops for local conditions they know. It is very difficult today to select an organization with a wider perspective, providing advice and consultancy services independently without looking forward to offer planting materials or machinery services. Most of them are breeding companies and some provide consultancy as well, but in most cases existing companies promote just a single option best adapted for too specific conditions. Research and development and information from best experts are required to adapt technology and knowledge on crops. Bioenergy Crops Ltd. Promotes projects worldwide with a conviction that a sustainable bioenergy requires a wider range of options including residues, crops, assessments, GIS tools, agronomy and plant physiology, logistic and economic models, supply chain predictions and estimations, and environmental impact assessments. Our company joins a large list of experts, that have been working on several woody and herbaceous crops in different regions
Many crops for many regions
Bioenergy Crops Ltd. has a large group of associated consultants working from several areas in the world including Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America. We work in many crops. Most of us have been involved on herbaceous and woody crops, including short rotation coppice with poplar, willows, and many other species. We also work with annual and perennial grasses in the tropics, temperate areas, semiarid warm and cool regions or flooded lands.
A holistic independent perspective
Having a holistic perspective means looking at environmental issues, economics, agronomic guideline, certifications, biomass quality and logistics. We want to take care of the industry. But our perspective is intended to be very wide: We don’t sell products. We don’t sell best yields ever. We just offer best solutions to provide biomass with lowest costs and highest qualities for your industry.
Realistic options for marginal lands
As most farmers know, marginal lands provide marginal yields, but they offer sometimes marginal costs... Highest yielding crops like Miscanthus, Bamboo or Elephant grass are not always best suited options. If lignocellulosic crops provide a solution, we will offer you the best possible way to reduce costs and be realistic when planning your business. Our goal is to offer the best alternatives for each condition and obtain lowest costs in marginal lands improving sustainability production.
International consultancy worldwide
Partnerships and collaborations worldwide give Bioenergy Crops Ltd the chance of offering realistic high-quality services, with advice based on real cases and experience abroad. Our company has a wide group of international consultants in Europe, Canada, US and Latin America who can assist projects in temperate and tropical developing countries, many of which have huge availability of resources giving them a great potential for biobased new business.
The main mission of Bioenergy Crops Ltd. is to contribute to the integration of biomass and dedicated crops with existing food or landscape systems promoting synergies and sustainable realistic alternatives.
There are several debates today on the real sustainability of bioenergy. Our philosophy and mission is to provide a different outlook with the most recent scientific on research and commercial development information about residues, energy crops and by products to encourage more sustainable solutions for marginal regions. Most marginal lands are at present “marginally” managed with inadequate agronomic practices that endanger their productivity, promote desertification and soil erosion, limit business opportunities and rural development at the time they make a serious damage to the environment and determine risks for companies and the society.
Having a “multicrop” perspective, promoting residues and lignocellulosic perennials crops, and measuring biofuel environmental impact and certifications, encourage companies to use reforestation schemes, promote fossil fuels replacement for self-energy consumption and complement in rotations the usable available lands that are often just handle as monoculture.
Our missions can be summarized as follows:
- To provide practical solutions to existing agri-industries to integrate the biomass and bioenergy potential to reduce fossil inputs and enhance energy self-consumption
- To integrate feedstock production with traditional agricultural land use including crop management, grasslands and landscape maintenance through promoting a holistic perspective for a biobased economy
- To promote sustainable technology for marginal lands in remote, isolated or not competitive rural areas, integrating our work in a sustainable development framework.
- To develop appropriate solutions for local energy production on marginal land in developing countries, providing sustainable land use and cheaper energy in a sustainable way. Sustainable energy in poor rural areas reduces poverty and hunger and enhances the quality of life.
To promote sustainability and bioenergy requires to have as a main value, independency and a strictly scientific and holistic research perspective providing evidences and considering impacts.
Bioenergy Crops Ltd believes is strongly skeptical and strict when considering bioenergy for sustainable development. Our ideas are centered in the fact bioenergy cannot replace food production but enhance alternative business and improve soils through multiply the alternatives at the farm level. Rotations, grass mixes and perennial crops to avoid monocultures, crops and residues for heat, electricity, biogas or second generation biofuels optimizing agri-industries, and agroforestry system to promote afforestation and reforestation are all just some examples on how we think bioenergy can be a sustainable way to produce renewable energy in our rural sector.
Therefore, our main values are:
- A strong commitment with natural resources conservation and sustainability
- A firm conviction that lignocellulosic perennial crops and herbaceous or woody green-covers should be responsibly integrated with food production, water use, social cohesion and renewable energies.
- A sustainable biobased economy requires up-to.date, high-quality scientific information to responsibly promote biomass and dedicated energy crops protecting the natural environment and promoting ethical, social and cultural values.
The world is changing very fast and fossil fuels are increasing in costs. The industries start to consider residues and biomass as feed-stock for boilers, co-firing, biogas or biofuels. A crucial step in being developed as creating integrated biorefineries that are capable of efficiently converting a broad range of biomass feedstocks into commercially viable biofuels, biopower, and other bioproducts.
- We promote wide and realistic perspectives on the different alternatives for raw materials, covering a variety of crops and residues including those with potential in tropical countries, Northern and Southern European and Mediterranean countries, North America and Latin America.
- Any bio-industry requires practical solutions combining research and commercial development . We do research and can also help your company to learn and innovate with considering your own needs. Bioenergy Crops Ltd. will send you the best experts for your requirements, and put on your desk the last advancements and scientific knowledge about biomass, agronomy of crops, logistics and environmental sustainability certifications.
- We have a knowledgeable core team, with access to a wide variety of energy crops and the latest technologies from best biomass and bioenergy centers in Europe, Latin America and North America. This broad perspective regarding the combination of forest and agricultural residues with dedicated energy crops, allows us to provide more sustainable and realistic solutions. Our work allows firms to grow and promote crops and residues in rural areas, generating employment and producing biofuels, electricity and heat applications or biogas in a more reasonable and sustainable scheme.