We are a U.S. company registered in Madison, Wisconsin incorporated in September 2004. CETS sells controlled environment phytotron technology worldwide to the potato industry which depends on a constantly renewed supply of high quality planting material. CETS phytotrons are used for production of disease free AstroTubers (potato minitubers), commonly called minitubers, which rundefinedepresent the first generation of seed potatoes from disease free tissue culture plantlets of existing or newly improved potato varieties.
We have designed, developed, fabricated and are selling Controlled Environment phytotron technology to seed potato growers all over the world.
Our technology provides for rapid introduction of seed supplies of potato varieties or expands existing supplies to the worldwide commercial industry that depends on a constantly renewed supply of high quality planting material.
Here are the key features:
- The fundemantal features of the CETS LLC technology used for production of AstroTubers™ (potato minitubers) results in a superior tuber.
- Provides a Controlled Environment in any climate or season
- THOUSANDS of AstroTubers from a single tissue plantlet. Eliminates the need for thousands of expensive tissue culture plantlets
- The CETS phytotron stainless steel interior walls and floor can be thoroughly sanitized after each growth period, thereby, eliminating the possibility of carry-over disease infestation into the following planting.
- No fungicides or insecticides are required or used during the production of AstroTubers
- Yields superior Disease Free Potato Minitubers
- Use of stem cuttings for AstroTuber production at significantly reduced costs
- Lower production costs. Uses Less Water, Energy, Space and Time to increase profitability
- AstroTubers are planted directly in the field after a month storage period to overcome dormancy
- Proprietary software for programming optimal growing environments
- Proprietary nutrient solution & growth enhancers
- Rapid & reliable ramp-up of disease free seed supplies of new potato varieties
- Technology can be readily modified for production of other crops
- Provides grower support to assure productivity of high quality seed potatoes
- Protected by US and Foreign Patents