DOLL Fahrzeugbau GmbH is a trailer manufacturer which has established itself in its markets as a high-tech specialist for transport solutions. Under the leadership of Mark Toschek and Thomas Fred Herkommer as well as with the strength of its employees the company turns the DOLL brand guidelines into market success. The fundamental conditions are alignment of the products and services to the market and customer requirements, systematically structured product lines, sustainable promotion of innovative spirit, the best possible production flexibility, incorporation of team and subs-suppliers into the companys` objectives, optimum use of all synergies between DOLL Fahrzeugbau GmbH in Oppenau, its production sites and ots service and sales partners worldwide.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Agriculture - Forestry
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
Principal Positions and Structures
DOLL Fahrzeugbau GmbH is a trailer manufacturer which has established itself in its markets as a high-tech specialist for transport solutions. Under the leadership of Mark Toschek and Thomas Fred Herkommer as well as with the strength of its employees the company turns the DOLL brand guidelines into market success. The fundamental conditions are
- alignment of the products and services to the market and customer requirements
- systematically structured product lines
- sustainable promotion of innovative spirit
- the best possible production flexibility
- incorporation of team and subs-suppliers into the companys' objectives
- optimum use of all synergies between DOLL Fahrzeugbau GmbH in Oppenau, its production sites and ots service and sales partners worldwide
The DOLL headquarters are located in Oppenau in the Black Forest.
Export activities with a focus on Africa and Asia have always been important for the development of the company. Many of the contacts in these regions come from the DOLL sales offices in North Africa and Singapore as well as from a joint venture with the company CTV in Thailand. Furthermore, DOLL has sales and service partners in many countries.
In 2009, DOLL opened a new production site by taking DOLL Sachsen GmbH in Mildenau into operation. An important part of the DOLL product range destined for Eastern Europe is produced here.
- When Johann Georg Doll founded a wagonworks in Oppenau in the year 1878, he never thought in his wildest dreams that the company would grow into a high-tech specialist that sells vehicles throughout the world.
- With the foundation of the 'Dollenschmiede' in 1878, all types of carriages and forestry tools such as axes are produced.
- Emil Doll is the second generation to take over the company in 1910. During the course of motorisation in the 20s, he recognises the signs of the time and produces added structures and trailers for the newly developed motorised commercial vehicles.
- With Emil, Heinrich and Friedrich Doll, the third generation joins the company's management in 1948. Under their leadership, the company continuously develops further and begins with the export of timber transport vehicles to Africa in the 50s. These export activities lay the foundation for the current global network of partners and service workshops.
- The 100 year company anniversary is celebrated in 1978 with all employees, customers and suppliers of DOLL. The importance of employees for the well-being of the company is also honoured.
- Between the 70s and 90s, the company continually extends its product ranges for customised and special vehicles. The various activities are classified into three business areas in 1985; timber transport, heavy haulage and mobile systems.
- Brunhilde Rauscher-Doll, the great granddaughter of the company founder, takes over management in 1999. The management board is extended in 2003 with Dr.-Ing. Manfred Münch. The Oppenau site is developed further: a new final assembly hall is opened in 2006.
- The year 2008 marks another important milestone in the now 130 year company history: DOLL Fahrzeugbau GmbH is converted into DOLL Fahrzeugbau AG; a family public company that is not listed on the stock exchange.
- In 2009, DOLL opens a new production site by taking DOLL Sachsen GmbH in Mildenau into operation. Part of the DOLL product range is produced here.
- The next large development phase is concluded in the spring of 2009. Parts manufacturing as well as office and recreational rooms are accommodated in the 7,200 m² new hall.