For over 20 years Evans & Reid have designed and manufactured a full range of buckets and other bespoke attachments for all excavators, tele-handlers, skid-steer loaders, and tractor loaders. Our design department can e-mail or fax you a drawing showing your requirement for approval, prior to manufacture in our manufacturing facility in Neath, South Wales. We also are Europe’s largest stockist of undercarriage spares for mini-excavators, tracked dumpers and skid steer loaders. Other products we have developed are pin and bush kits for kingposts, booms and dipper arms, bucket and tipping links, seal kits for the hydraulic cylinders used on mini excavators. Our company holds large stocks of engine parts for these small excavators including, stater motors, alternators, fuel stop solenoids, fuel pumps, filter kits and water pumps.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Agriculture - Forestry
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
Its current directors John Evans and Simon Reid formed the Evans and Reid group in 1992. From the outset committing to the design and manufacture of highly durable products, that would endure the rigors of the construction and agricultural industries; and to this end a team of highly skilled engineers and designers was established.
The Business was started in a small rented premises which after 1 year proved to be too small as we quickly grew. In 1993 we moved to a 470 m² (5000 ft²) factory which we rented for the next 5 years. By 1998 we had to move again and purchased our current 1215 m² (13000 ft²) premises. We have added a further 750 m² (8000 ft²) of storage at our current site.
The company has quickly gained a high reputation for reliability of supply and product, with production increasing to over 2000 excavator buckets per annum; as well as numerous agricultural implements and attachments. Since 2009 we have established a network of dealers in a number of European contries and some outside the EEC.
Evans and Reid continue to offer a full-bespoke service using the latest computer aided design and production techniques to both the end user and original equipment manufacturers and are represented by dealers in several European countries. In addition to the manufacturing service Evans and Reid offer a comprehensive parts supply for excavators. Whatever your needs Evans and Reid have the expertise to fully appreciate your requirements and are committed to our quality of product and service.
Our manufacturing facility in Neath, South Wales includes the following machinery:
- 2 No Messer Griesham Ecotherm cnc profile burners with a capacity to cut through steel of up to 200 mm (8″) thick
- Kingsland 45 metalworker
- Durma 3013 Guillotine which will cut 12 mm thick steel plate at 3 m long
- 2 No Triumph Colchester lathes
- 2 No bandsaws with a cutting capacity of 200 mm
- Kepp MSB 150 belt grinder
- Sergi C1 rolling machine capable of rolling 2 m by 10 mm thick steel plates
- Kitchen & Walker No 5 Morse Taper drilling machine
- Meyer SR32AE automatic pillar drill
- Herbert No 3 morse taper drilling bank
- Sahliner 150 tonnes vertical press
- Purpose designed 100 tonnes horizontal press
- We use high quality Oerlikon 350 amp mig welding sets
- We also have a large purpose built dry filter spray booth