EWOS Group is one of the worlds largest suppliers of feed and nutrition for farmed fish. The company, which was created in 1931, is owned by private equity companies Altor Equity Partners and Bain Capital. EWOS companies operate in Canada, Chile, Norway, Scotland and Vietnam. Its head office is located in Bergen, Norway.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Agriculture - Aquaculture
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
EWOS is a leading and trusted supplier of feed and nutrition for the international aquaculture industry.
We have produced fish feed since 1935, and today, we operate in all four of the world’s major salmon farming regions: Norway, Chile, Canada, and Scotland. We also operate in Vietnam, producing feed mainly for tropical species.
We invest continuously in research and development in order to maintain our strong reputation as the leader in our field. This reputation rests as much on the quality of the service we provide as it does on the high quality of our feed products.
EWOS - Knowledge Makes the Difference
Although EWOS was first registered in Sweden in 1931, activity officially commenced in 1935. The founders were Erik Berggren, Victor Weyde and Olle Sjöstedt. Together their initials formed the company name EWOS.
Production volumes were quite small during the first decades, but since 1990 the annual sales volume of EWOS fish feed has grown at a compound rate of about 11% per year, peaking at more than 1,2 million tonnes of feed sales by volume in 2012.
There are many reasons why our customers purchase their fish feed from EWOS.
Naturally, excellent value for money is a requirement. In addition to this, expectations range from high feed quality and biological performance through to efficient delivery services and the best technical support in the market.
Here are some key reasons why we believe EWOS to be the best choice of fish feed supplier.
- EWOS has been producing fish feed for almost 80 years
- Therefore, EWOS feed products are optimised and trusted by our customers
- Our formulation competence has enabled EWOS to grow feed sales by 66% since 2002, whilst demand for marine ingredients has remained static
Fish Health and Welfare
- Healthy fish are critical to achieving success in fish farming
- Therefore, EWOS is leading in the development of functional feeds
- Revolutionary new products like EWOS boost and EWOS robust are valuable additions to the ‘precautionary health toolbox