Gregory Poole Equipment Company was founded by James Gregory Poole, Sr., and his uncle, William Lewis Gregory on April 1, 1951. With headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, Gregory Poole became the Cat construction equipment dealer for eastern North Carolina. Poole and his family obtained W.L. Gregory's shares in Gregory Poole Equipment Company and became the sole owners in 1961. Since that time the company has expanded its operations to 20 locations providing sales, rental, parts and service for construction, forestry, ag, lift systems, marine power, power generation equipment, trucks, buses and RVs in eastern North Carolina, as well as lift systems and cleaning equipment in eastern South Carolina and Virginia.