Groasis is a socially active and environmental friendly enterprise. Groasis Growboxx - Groasis Waterboxx and the Groasis Technology to combat desertification through reforestation. Groasis organization on erosion, deforestation, desertification, poverty, food crisis, unemployment, child labour, rural-urban migration, climate change and water scarcity. The revolutionary planter Growboxx® is an ‘intelligent bucket’ which can be used in arid regions to grow plants using up to 90% less water. The original design was made from plastic but the latest model is made from recycled paper and is biologically degradeable.
The world has several challenges that we’ll have to solve in the 21st century. The problems that we face are connected and integrated. Therefore we believe it necessary to focus on an integrated solution for the 7 Challenges that we believe mankind faces nowadays. They are: 1) Erosion; 2) Poverty; 3) Food crisis; 4) Climate change; 5) Unemployment; 6) Rural-urban migration and 7) Sinking ground water levels. In order to solve these challenges, mankind needs the solutions of thousands and the hard work of millions to implement them. There is not one solution for all these problems, on the contrary, we need an integrated approach of all the available solutions in order to solve the 7 Challenges. So we need solutions for energy, against diseases, to produce more food, to create jobs, and so on. Groasis will focus on a small part of the spectrum of needed solutions that can help alleviate the 7 Challenges. We call this part the Treesolution. There is approximately 2 billion hectares of degraded farmland. Productive trees on this area of degraded farmland can help combat erosion, create the production of saleable products, help produce approximately 5 to 10 tonnes of food per hectare, disconnect approximately 15 tonnes of CO₂ per hectare, create approximately one direct and indirect job per hectare, can help revitalize the rural areas and this way diminish migration and change the soil into a sponge, stimulating the harvest of rainwater. The Treesolution in combination with all the other thousands of solutions, may help us to combat the 7 Challenges. Groasis will take the responsibility to do its utmost to help the implementation of the Treesolution to be successful during the 21st century.
Groasis will take any action that is necessary to help implement the Treesolution. It means that we will focus on causing the replanting of the mentioned 2 billion hectares of degraded farmland with productive trees.
Groasis has created 5 Rules to reach her Mission:
- Strive to develop the Groasis Technology in such a way that planting a tree will not cost more than 7,5 USD per tree, including the tree, with a +95% survival guarantee;
- Groasis will always try to develop working methods that stimulate social welfare of the citizens living in the areas where the Groasis Technology is used;
- Groasis will not cooperate with projects where land grabbing is part of the business model;
- Groasis will help develop all talents of its personnel in order to make them feel happy while working to reach the Mission and do its utmost to let them earn sufficient for their families;
- Groasis will deposit 5% of its annual net profit to the Green Musketeer Foundation