Nardi`s history is a series of innovations that stretches along as much as four generations, throughout three centuries and two millennia. A115-year-old history that began in 1895 with the first reversible plough traded in Italy by the company`s founder, Francesco Nardi, up until the latest product of Nardi`s catalogue: a specially-designed plough for areas of the world potentially affected by desertification. Today Nardi operates in 85 countries around the world, with a special focus on efficient services and after-sales support. “Implements for professional farming” is indeed the new slogan of the industrial group, which provides a comprehensive product range for professional farming, from ploughs to seed drills. To support this growth, our Research & Development department continues to work on improving the quality of our products, which are increasingly manufactured with special micro alloy steels, providing more than double the resilience of normal steel.
After achieving the leadership in its domestic market, the growth of our commercial activities has been a closely spaced succession of strategic international steps: Nardi first landed in Libya in 1930 and then began to operate in Somalia (1936), Albania (1938), USSR (1958), Yugoslavia (1958), Greece (1960), Zaire (1965), Hungary (1968), Egypt (1970), Tanzania (1971), Tunisia (1972), Iraq (1976), Nigeria (1978), Ethiopia (1985), Morocco (1988), China, Peru and Nicaragua (1989). Finally, Nardi set up a series of important projects in China (2008), Iraq (2009), Afghanistan (2010) and Angola (2012).
It seems strategic to intensify partnerships with large tractor manufacturers, as these address our same end users. Moreover, collaboration in terms of distribution network is increasingly oriented towards customer retention.