Hershey Equipment Company has combined their expertise in poultry and grain markets to meet the demand for cage-free and organic products and alternative sources of energy. Still a family operation with our roots in farming, we thrive on what we are known for from the beginning: offering farmers the solutions they need to feed a nation. Hershey Equipment has teamed with Meridian Manufacturing to service the gas drilling industry with storage solutions for frac sand. While Meridian has designed a tank to specifically withstand the rigors of frac sand; Hershey Equipment has designed a system to make the tanks mobile, enabling them to quickly move tanks from one site to the next in keeping with driller’s demands.
- Serving the needs of the poultry, grain, and feed mill industries since 1964
- Knowledgeable engineers and project designers on staff.
- Key distributors for leading manufacturers in the industry.
- Our own installation crews and job supervisors.
- Qualified service technicians on call every day of the year.
- Warranties for service and equipment.
- 10,000 square feet of parts inventory.
- Competitive pricing.
- Offering options and alternative solutions.
- Staffed to handle large and small projects.
- On-site fab shop for cost-effective, custom applications.
- Licensed throughout the New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southern, Central, and Mid-Western states.
Don and Joyce Hershey started Hershey Equipment Company (HEC) from their home in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, as a service to local farmers who needed technical advice, service, and installation of their equipment. Less than 10 years later, HEC was also offering sales of poultry equipment and turnkey construction, fast becoming distinguished as a leader in servicing the needs of farmers.
By the mid 1980s, HEC added lines of equipment for grain handling and feed mill processing and expanded their territory into neighboring states. At the same time, the Hersheys’ daughter and son-in-law, Doreen and Mike Dickson, came to work in the family business.