Hill Laboratories is New Zealand's leading analytical testing laboratory. We supply a broad range of laboratory tests to domestic and international markets. Under the IANZ accreditation system the laboratory uses the very latest technologies to supply the most accurate and reliable results available today. We have three major testing areas: Agriculture, Environmental and Food
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Monitoring and Testing - Laboratory Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
R J Hill Laboratories Ltd is a 100% privately owned New Zealand company, also known by the trading name Hill Laboratories, or as many of our long term customers refer to us, “Hill Labs”. From small beginnings back in the early 80’s, Hill Laboratories has grown into the largest independent analytical laboratory in New Zealand. We service a large number and range of clients – everyone from internationally recognised global corporations to private individuals - from across New Zealand and all around the world.
- 1984 Hill Laboratories established in Von Tempsky St in Hamilton, in the North Island of New Zealand to provide a range of agricultural based analyses for soils, plants and waters
- 1986 Environmental testing begins
- 1987 Because of growth, also occupied the adjoining premises in Von Tempsky Street
- 1988 Achieved TELARC certification, one of the first laboratories to achieve this
- 1990 Moved to larger Te Aroha Street site in Claudelands, Hamilton
- 1991 Resource Management Act comes into effect in New Zealand resulting in a big increase in environmental testing
- 1993 Expansion of Te Aroha Street site to include nearby site for organics testing First Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) instrument purchased
- 1995 Purchased an agricultural testing laboratory in Cambridge, Analytical Services LTD
- 1997 Hill Laboratories move into a 2400m2 four storey building at 1 Clyde Street in Hamilton East beside the Waikato river
- TELARC accreditation becomes IANZ against the New Zealand Code of Laboratory Management Practice
- 1998 Pesticide residue analyses developed to meet requirements for apple export testing
- 1999 IANZ changed further to the internationally recognised IANZ accreditation against ISO 17025
- 2000 Food & Bioanalytical division established
- 2004 Hill Laboratories became a sponsor of the Harvest Award as part of Ballance Farm Environment Awards (BFEAs) Air Quality testing laboratory set up at Te Aroha Street site
- 2005 Microbiological Lab set up in Christchurch with the purchase of Envirolink to give Hill Laboratories a base in the South Island of New Zealand
- 2006 The Food & Bioanalytical division moves to the Waikato Innovation Park on the outskirts of Hamilton
- 2007 Hill Laboratories opens an office in Japan to facilitate the management and transportation of samples from across Asia
- 2008 Hill Laboratories South Island operations in Christchurch shift to their current, larger premises in the suburb of Hornby
- 2010 New custom built lab acquired in Melville, Hamilton for research and development work Achievement of Enviro-Mark Diamond certification for Clyde Street Laboratory Hill Laboratories wins a Deloitte Fast 50 award for fastest growing mature business in the Central North Island region and takes out the Westpac Business of the Year Supreme Award at the Waikato Business excellence awards
- 2011 Introduction of Canister Sampling Service for air quality testing
- 2012 Chinese language website launched Laboratory opened in Blenheim at the top of the South Island
We apply technology to provide excellent analytical services for our customers
Our passion for technology and commitment to ‘doing it better’ makes us New Zealand's leading analytical laboratory
- We value people - People are the key to our success. Working as a team, we treat each other fairly and with respect.
- We enjoy our work - It is important that we enjoy our work, understand why our role is important, to have an opportunity to learn and innovate and have time for our families and interests.
- Honesty and integrity- We deliver on our promises to our customers, our staff, and our shareholders. We confront issues with courage, choosing to be open and honest in all our dealings.
- Innovation - In all areas of our business we work hard to find new and better ways to do things.
- Opportunism - We love recognising an opportunity, and being agile enough to respond to it quickly