We`re always on the hunt for new, high-quality materials and components in our constant drive to improve the efficiency and durability of our trailers and transporters. If you think you have a high quality product or service that we would find appropriate. We actively seek partners who can act as dealers for our products or who are interested in becoming certified local service providers to our customers.We value talented, enthusiastic individuals in all areas of our business. We train many of our staff in-house through rolling apprenticeship schemes.
- Why does Houghton Parkhouse remain at the forefront of design innovation in livestock transporter manufacturing after more than sixty successful years?
- For over sixty years, we've listened to our customers and used their feedback over the working life of their transporters to refine our designs
- Houghton Parkhouse transporters have an average lifespan of 20 years and enjoy excellent resale values.
- From high-grade steels and aluminium alloys to the final coat of Fleetwatch(TM) Assured paint, our craftsmen build in quality at every turn.
- Our engineers are always looking for materials and processes that will improve the performance and durability of our transporters.
- And when it comes to components, we need to be satisfied that every one of them will keep on working year after year - even in the most demanding roles - before they're considered for inclusion in one of our products.
- Human and animal welfare lie at the heart of everything we do.
- The size and movement of animals in transit create dynamic forces that fluctuate throughout a journey and can test a transporter's design to the limits.
- Our unparalleled experience and co-operation with breeders and hauliers allows us to design and manufacture transporters that withstand these forces and deliver animals safely and in top condition with a minimum of stress.
- Our transporters make life safer and easier for drivers too.
- From deck locking systems to something as simple as a 'slam catch', we pay attention to detail and strive to minimise the work of loading and cleaning so that drivers are fresh and alert for the drive.
- Concern for fuel-economy, efficient use of materials and product lifespan extends back to the very roots of the Houghton Parkhouse story.
- Like-for-like, today's Houghton Parkhouse transporters are the strongest, most fuel efficient and durable in operation.
- We use intelligent design to get the most out of the raw materials we use and to maximise real-world fuel economy, while our modern manufacturing base is purpose built with energy efficiency in mind.
- The skills of our workforce and choice of quality materials play their part too. For example, the paints we use contain a minimum of solvents and our experienced spray-shop operators make sure every drop goes into creating the perfect finish every time.