Established on 1941 by João Pereira, JOPER starts its activity in Torres Vedras with the repair and manufacture of carts and hand agricultural implements. Some years later with the tractors appearance begins to manufacture trailers and agricultural implements parallelly with the trucks bodies manufacture. Since then JOPER has reaching its increase diversifying also its manufactured range of products comprising nowadays agricultural trailers, tank trailers for cattle-breeder purposes, water and diesel tank trailers, furrowers, cultivators, vineyards furrow ploughs and discs, 1, 2 or 3 cultivators tines, manure sprayers, disc harrows, tipping transport, fixed and offset rotary tillers, rotary cutters and flail mowers. Joper has distributors all over the globe.
JOPER has offered to domestic and foreign farmers, spread across several countries, with the highest quality equipment, so that they can thus meet their needs and monetize their crops
Established in 1941, JOPER started its activity in Torres Vedras, with the repair and manufacture of carts and agricultural implements.
A few years later, with the appearance of the first tractors, it starts to manufacture agricultural trailers and agricultural implements, along with the body work for trucks.
In the year of 1968 the company moves to a 6.000 sqm covered plant and begins the exports during the year of 1980 increasing the plants into 8.000 sqm. The exports reach regular nature 4 years later. Initially for Spain, France and Angola.
On 1997, JOPER becomes the main share holder of TOMIX, (with 75% of capital participation) a company leader in Portugal, in the manufacture of agricultural sprayers. With this investment it were achieved new co-operations, not only on a commercial and industrial level, but also, on a managing level, what made JOPER/TOMIX well referenced companies, in the Iberian Peninsula and also in the European markets.
On 1999 the two Companies inaugurated a Northern Delegation, with the purpose to increase the sales in the North of Portugal and Galicia markets what gives a prompt reply to the strong business improvement achieved by both enterprises during the last years.
The opening of the Northern Delegation integrates an investment project, that JOPER and TOMIX wanted to achive, so as, to increase the quality of products and services. This investment is carried out to meet more quickly the requirements of our customers, either in what regards the delays of delivery or in after-sales assistance.
Implementing even more their investments, quality and modernization, and to face the new market exigencies, in 2006, JOPER has built a new manufacturing plant, with a total area of 88.000 sqm, which 15.000 smq are covered. The new plants represented an investment of about 7.000.000 euros, included new production equipments, like as, a new watery painting line and new management environment systems.
In 2013 JOPER has bought the total share capital of RIBATEJO-Metalúrgica Benaventense, Lda., a company established in 1919, with high know-how in the manufacturing of ploughs, increasing this way is range of products.
During more than 7 decades of activity, JOPER has being offering to the national and foreigner farmers, all over the world, equipment of the highest quality, so they may get their crops profitable.