Kerala Agro Machinery Corporation Ltd. (KAMCO) as a fully owned undertaking of the Government of Kerala was established in 1973, to cater to the farming requirements of small and marginal scale farmers. It is an initiative to allow small farmers to enjoy mechanised farming. The quality standard for each and every product has been tested & certified by competent authorities. The global standard and system maintained has earned KAMCO ISO 9001:2008 certification. KAMCO’s product range includes Tiller, Tractor, Reaper and Diesel Engine. Its unparalleled success can be attributed to its unique marketing strategy. Today, KAMCO’s marketing efforts have gone above the confines of India to capture the overseas agro-machinery market.
Kerala Agro Machinery Corporation Ltd. (KAMCO) was established in the year 1973 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Kerala Agro Industries Corporation Ltd. (KAIC), Trivandrum, for manufacture of agricultural machinery specifically Power Tillers and Diesel Engines. Subsequently KAMCO became a separate Govt. of Kerala undertaking in 1986. Paid up capital is Rs. 161 lakh Present Net Worth of the Company is Rs. 6014.14 lakh. Total work force at present is 567 Certified for ISO 9001 - 2000 version from September 2002.
At present, KAMCO has four units located at Athani and Kalamassery in Ernakulam District , at Kanjikode in Palakkad District, and at Mala, in Trichur dist. With the present work force KAMCO can produce 8400 Power Tillers & 1200 Power Reapers per annum.
KAMCO also organizes various training programmes for people engaged in agricultural activities, to guide them and keep them abreast with newer farming techniques.
The objectives of the Company are to manufacture in India, either in collaboration with or otherwise or import & trade agricultural machinery like Tractors, Power Tillers, Power Reapers, Combine harvester, Transplanter, Diesel Engines, Pump sets, Implements, accessories and spares thereto. The objectives also include establishment of engineering workshops/repair shops to undertake repairs and servicing of agricultural machinery or other machinery, equipment, implements and tools.
Assembly Unit was established in 1970 at Athani by M/s. Kerala Agro Industries Corporation for the assembly of Kubota Power Tillers in technical collaboration with M/s.Kubota Ltd., Japan, the world's leading manufacturer of Power Tillers and other agricultural machinery. On expiry of the collaboration, KAMCO manufactures power tillers with their own facilities.
KAMCO Power Tillers have become the most sought after Power Tillers in India because of their quality and reliability.
KAMCO's manufacturing facilities include Special Purpose Machines, Specially built General Purpose Machines, and Imported machines. The inspection facilities include modern inspection & testing equipment . KAMCO have their own Metrology, Calibration & Engine Test Lab.
The following are the main Activities of the Company.
- Manufacturing and marketing of Agriculture machines like Power Tillers, Tractors, Power Reaper, Diesel Engines etc.
- Power Tiller produced at Athani & Palakkad units. Major components for Power Tiller are manufactured at Athani and all other components bought out from dedicated Venders in India. There are around 250 vendors now.
- Kalamassery unit produce Engine for Power Tiller
- Power Reaper produced at Mala
- Trading/manufacturing of other farm machines.
- The growth of agriculture in the country triggered the need for indigenous agricultural machines to replace the use of traditional and primitive farming methods. Mechanised farming in small and medium agricultural fields required small agro-machinery units.
- KAMCO introduced the concept of mechanised farming among the small and marginal farmers.
- Current product range includes Tiller, Tractor, Reaper, Garden Tiller / Power Weeder and Diesel Engine.
- KAMCO is headed by a talented pool of professionals. KAMCO Products remains No: 1 quality in the market for over the last three decades.