Komatsu Forest develop, manufacture, and market machines and attachments, and is a pioneer in the area of mechanized logging. We have an extensive service and after sales network with global availability of spare parts and professional advise. Our headquarter is in Umeå, Sweden and we operate as a specialized forestry company, wholly owned by Komatsu Ltd of Japan.With a passion for technology, a thorough business understanding and a product development that merges productivity, ergonomics and environmental strong.points into cutting edge advantages, we continuously expand the forestry possibilities.
Komatsu Forest is leading the way in the forest with a unique combination of market-leading forestry machines and pioneering service concepts.
Komatsu Forest is one of the world's largest manufacturers of forest machines. We operate in all important forestry markets and have a comprehensive range of machines, services, servicing and spare parts for modern forestry.
Our knowledge, experience and unique overall perspective enable us to combine forest machine innovation and production with pioneering services; altogether forming our promise of quality. Forestry Quality.
Our vision is to be an indispensable partner for professional forest machine owners. We want to maintain a long-term relationship with you as a customer and want to contribute in every way that we can with our machines, services and expertise. Our goal is to provide you with the most profitable overall solution. And to be there all the way.
Choosing Komatsu will not only make your working day easier and more profitable, it will also increase your peace of mind. Today. Tomorrow. And in the future.
Komatsu Forest is one of the world's largest manufacturers of forest machines. We are represented on six world continents by a network of dealers and our own sales companies.
Our extensive service organisation takes care of the machines, ensuring that they perform their best throughout their service lives. We have workshops throughout the world, service buses for quick assistance, in-house machine and methodology instructors to help maximise productivity, and support functions for everything related to our machines and services.Short facts about Komatsu Forest
- Founded in 1961 in Umeå, as Umeå Mekaniska
- Around 1 400 employees
- Head office in Umeå, Sweden
- Production unit for wheeled machines and heads in Umeå, Sweden
- Production unit for tracked machines in Chattanooga, USA
- Net sales of MEUR 422 in 2015
- Fully owned by Komatsu Ltd of Japan
To fulfill our vision of being an indispensable partner for the professional forest machine owner, we have to meet the expectations of our customers with products and services of the highest quality. To achieve this, we work according to The Komatsu Way.
We focus our safety work on environment, people and behaviour - a good work environment and knowledge are fundamental conditions for a safe behaviour.Quality Assurance
We conduct extensive quality assurance throughout the production to ensure products of the highest quality. We have a special department that are responsible for this, but it is also something that every employee contributes to in their daily work.Continuous Improvements
We work with continuous improvements in all aspects of the company, according to the Plan-Do-Check-Act model.
For us it is important to fully understand the working environment in the forest, in order to meet customer needs. We place great emphasis on listening to our customers and being open to requests for improvement and we have a well structured organisation for implementing changes that improve our machines.ISO 9001 Certification
The result is high quality through all stages of production and throughout the company. Our structured way of working with quality in every process, has earned us ISO 9001 certification.
We believe that environmental aspects are prerequisites for profitability in the longer term. Complying with environmental legislation and remaining within limits go without saying.
- Our production units as well as the most of our workshops are climate neutral.
- We only buy ”green electricity” and return the same amount of energy to the system in the form of recycled materials from production. We recycle as much as possible.
- We minimise energy consumption in production by using motion sensor lighting, heat exchangers and more.
- 93 % of all our freight is environmentally certified.
- We are ISO 14001-certified by Norwegian auditor Veritas.
- All chemicals are controlled according to legislation.
- We conduct risk analyses for every possible use of a substance, not only how we ourselves use it.
- Life cycle analyses on all materials used in production.
- Even more extensive recycling.
- Work with optimised transportation.
- We work hard to design machines that optimise mobility and limit ground pressure.
- Our engines are specially built for forest machines, reducing both fuel consumption and emissions.
- The most eco-friendly hydraulic oil is standard for our machines.
- Hoses, filters, and pumps are optimised for biodegradable oils.
- We have developed safer hydraulic couplings to avoid leakage
We are at the forefront of environmentally friendly technology for diesel engines, and are able to meet the legal requirements for up to Stage 4/EPA Tier 4 Final. These are the toughest demands in engine legislation.
Our engines are based on SCR-technology, which means that they are extremely fuel efficient, generate higher profitability and have less impact on the environment. We also use a cleaner engine oil, CJ-4 class with low amounts of sulphur.