Linddana A/S developes and manufactures a wide range of high quality wood chippers within Denmark, and has done so for more than 30 years. We manufacture and sell the well-known TP Wood Chippers worldwide. TP Wood Chippers are among the strongest chippers in the market, because we focus on quality, functionality, safety and design. Linddana A/S places a lot of emphasis on retaining the original company culture, in which transparency, proximity and commitment haLinddana has successfully designed, manufactured and sold its well-known brand of TP Wood Chippers since 1980, and today the company is a market leader. The Danish-owned company offers a strong selection of functional and reliable wood chippers for landscaping and biomass production. TP Wood Chippers are well-known for their extreme user-friendliness, robust design and high efficiency. They are designed to meet the strictest safety standards, to be eco-friendly and economical on fuel. ve always been key concepts.
It is about technology and people
Linddana´s strong international position is founded on extensive technical expertise and unwavering commitment to high quality, both in the selection of materials and in manufacturing processes. By combining high-efficiency automation with skilled workmanship at the Danish factory, we maintain the highest quality standards.
Linddana constantly focuses on further developing its product range. This is why we make it a priority to have ongoing dialogue with professional users in all of the relevant sectors. Their feedback helps to improve TP Wood Chippers, so they meet expectations and daily challenges.
From the very beginning, TP Wood Chippers have been manufactured in Denmark. To maintain production that is based on the highest quality possible, our production methods are streamlined on an ongoing basis, using the LEAN philosophy and other methods.
Wood chipper manufacturer Linddana has grown to become a global market leader. But it started almost by chance. In 1978, Svend Lind purchased some woodland for hunting in, because hunting was his favourite hobby. The woodland he purchased was in dire need of some clearing and thinning, and it seemed a shame to let all of that waste wood and undergrowth go to waste. Svend Lind saw the potential in turning the waste wood into woodchip and using that as an alternative energy source. However, he struggled to find a suitable wood chipper on the market, so he decided to develop his own wood chipper and create his own company. A decision that quickly showed itself to be very sustainable, also on the international market.
A brief history
- 1980 Svend Lind acquires bankrupt Thyregod Production; which produces and sells wood-burning stoves. Svend Lind develops the first TP Wood Chipper prototypes while still chiefly producing wood-burning stoves.
- 1981 The first TP Wood Chipper prototype for forestry use is ready for testing. Massive storm damage in Denmark leads to the first order for eight TP Wood Chippers.
- 1982-83 With help from the Danish government, an export consultant is hired to boost export sales. The first exports orders become a reality – with orders from Switzerland and France.
- 1984 First wood chippers delivered to Danish municipalities. There is also a major breakthrough in the German market via Gerhard Dücker GmbH in Germany. By the end of the year, 80 TP Wood Chippers have been sold to German municipalities and forestry companies.
- 1986 The success with exports leads to a need for an expansion of production capacity. A completely new 1,800 m2 factory is built.
- 1989 The first TP Wood Chippers in the park series are introduced. The fall of the Berlin Wall leads to more success for the company, with a completely new market opening up in the former DDR.
- 1990 The start of a new era: The company changes name to Linddana and becomes a public limited company.
- 1992-93 The factory expands by another 2,000 m2. The wood-burning stove business is sold off. All of the company's focus is now on the development, production and sale of the growing range of TP Wood Chippers. Production of TP Wood Chippers in the garden series begins.
- 1996 The company is one of the first to utilise advanced technologies, such as laser cutting. In the same year, a new panel department is opened.
- 2001 Next generation takes over: Svend Lind decides to step down as the director and owner of Linddana. His daughters become shareowners and members of the board of directors. A new director is appointed.
- 2003 The company expands and modernises once again, with 1,300 m2 of space for warehousing and another 800 m2 used for administration and as a showroom.
- 2006 TP 400 PTO K is launched - at this time, the biggest TP Wood Chipper made by Linddana. Production is streamlined using the LEAN philosophy.
- 2008 TP 160 series – it becomes a hugely popular park model – presented at the Agromek trade fair.
- 2009 New management takes over, focusing on international sales and marketing. Market conditions have change significantly since the banking crisis. It is necessary to position TP Wood Chippers as one of the world's strongest brands in the area to maintain and increase Linddana's market share. The total number of product launches is increased to meet customers' expectations and requirements; the first of these is the compact park and gardens model, TP 130 PTO / TP 130 MOBILE.
- 2012 Forestry model TP 320 PTO K is launched. The machine is based on new energy-saving technology, TP OPTICUT. A new service concept is launched in the same year: TP SERVICEBOX. The service box contains all of the critical wearing parts and is free with most TP Wood Chippers.
- 2013 Linddana is the only manufacturer of wood chippers in the world that offers an extended 3-year product warranty on all TP Wood Chippers for landscaping. A message that supports the machine's reliability and emphasises the company's strong position in the market. Launch of TP CHIP KIT – accessories for optimising chip quality.
- 2014 The compact TP 175 MOBILE is launched, a wood-chipper that can be operated using a standard driving licence. The launch is followed up by the PTO version, TP 175 PTO.
- 2015 Linddana employs approximately 45 people, and sells TP Wood Chippers to over 40 countries around the world.