The Lund Industrial Group presently includes Lund Coating Technologies, Inc. and and The Lund Engineered Products Division, located in Holly Springs, Mississippi, U.S.A.We started out in the agricultural equipment field and continue to be one of the world`s leading specialists in extended life agricultural cutting systems and technology. Since then we have extended our expertise to wear reduction in the agriculture industry, as well as many other equipment markets and applications.
The Lund Industrial Group presently includes Lund Engineered Products Division and Lund Coating Techologies, Inc. located in Holly Springs, Mississippi, U.S.A. However, the company’s origins go back to 1947 when Swedish immigrant Gustave Lund and his son Roger founded Lund as Lund Products, Inc. in an old mill building in Maynard, Massachusetts.
Gus and Roger Lund
The company quickly became the dominant supplier of cutting components to the U.S. agricultural market. In 1965, Lund Products was sold to Rexnord, Inc., a large Milwaukee based capital goods manufacturer listed on the New York Stock Exchange. At this point the company became known as the Rexnord Knife Division.
Lund was purchased from Rexnord in 1985 by its senior management team. At that time, the company adopted the name of Lund International Corporation
Finally, in April of 2004, Piper Industrial Coatings of Collierville, Tennessee was added to the Lund Industrial Group. In the process, its name was changed to Lund Coating Technologies, Inc.
More recently, in order to more accurately reflect the company’s broader scope in the cutting systems and wear parts industry, the names of the company was changed to Lund Engineered Products.
In January, 2007, Lund embarked on a new phase. The Hudson, Massachusetts operation was relocated to an 80,000 square foot facility in Holly Springs, Mississippi, just southeast of Memphis, a major distribution center. In August 2007, Lund Coating Technologies was moved to Holly Springs as well.
The Lund Credo
The owners and management of Lund are committed to the following business principles, which we believe to be the foundation of our past success and the pathway to our future:
- We will always conduct our business with the understanding that our customers are our only reason for being.
- We will always provide our customers with quality products, and on-time deliveries are the overriding consideration in the day-to-day running of our business.
- We will never allow ourselves to be put into situations which compromise either our integrity or credibility.
- We will always strive to develop new and better technology for the benefit of our customers and the security of our future.
- We will always conduct our business in an honest and fair manner with respect to our customers, our suppliers, and our employees.
- We will operate our business so as to assure its fiscal health and continued growth, in the interest of our customers and employees.
- We will be concerned and involved citizens in the communities in which we operate our facilities.
We also recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset. Their well-being shall always remain our highest concern. To this end, we are dedicated to the following “people principles”:
- We will provide our employees with a workplace that is at all times clean, safe, non-discriminating, non-threatening and drug free.
- We will encourage our employees to improve their skills and enhance their career opportunities through training and other educational assistance.
- We will treat all employees consistently and fairly.
- We will compensate all employees competitively within the financial abilities of the Company.