For over 65 years MacDon Industries Ltd. and its predecessor Killbery Industries Ltd., have been world leaders in the technology, innovation and manufacturing of high quality, high performance harvesting equipment. Our harvesting history is rooted deep in the rich prairie heritage of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. As family-owned companies, MacDon and Killbery kept their values firmly intact while becoming world-class equipment manufacturers. With a workforce of approximately 1600, we sell our products in over 40 countries on six continents, with offices in Canada, the United States, Australia, Russia and Brazil.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Agriculture - Crop Cultivation
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Our pursuit for harvesting excellence began in 1949 as Killbery Industries Ltd. Back then, Killbery was a manufacturer of a variety of agricultural equipment including sprayers, grain augers, seeders, and cultivators. In 1951 Killbery produced one of the first self-propelled windrowers, and started a tradition of innovative harvesting solutions designed to deliver maximum value. In 1971 the MacDonald family purchased the company and shifted the focus to harvesting equipment, later changing the name of the company to MacDon Industries Ltd.
Built from the ground up, every MacDon machine is designed and manufactured at our headquarters in Winnipeg. Occupying approximately 900,000 square feet (83,600 m2) of buildings on over 85 acres (34 ha) of land, our Winnipeg operation includes facilities for R&D, Engineering, Quality Control, Parts, Manufacturing, Marketing and Supporting Departments. It’s from this location that we supply equipment to Dealers and Distributors around the world.
Our goal has been and continues to be… to manufacture reliable machines that make harvesting easier and more productive. That’s why we work directly with producers and custom harvesters in the toughest real-world conditions. It’s our relationship with these folks that guide MacDon to pioneer industry-leading innovations like the FlexDraper®.
We’re proud of our reputation in providing customers with quality equipment and take our position as The Harvesting Specialists seriously... because at the end of the day, our equipment helps producers harvest the crops that feed the world.
Quality PolicyQuality Objectives
- To provide best-in-class harvesting equipment of exceptional quality and productivity
- To be a customer focused organization through listening to our customers and translating their needs into market-leading products that exceed their expectations
- To provide world-class after sale Parts and Product Support Services
- To strive to deliver our products and services on time every time
- To continually improve our operations, systems and products
- To be prudently cost aware and cost effective in all aspects of our organization in order to provide a strong value proposition for ourselves, our dealers and our customers
- To maintain a safe, fair, respectful and creative work environment that promotes innovation
- To develop and sustain a world-class distribution network that delivers professional, reliable and timely products and services