Martignani can be introduced as a result of the short story of a long passion, dedicated to the development of a cutting-edge technique for a more efficient, cost-effective and more environmentally sustainable protection of plants, while respecting the health of agricultural workers and agricultural food products consumers. This story began in 1958 when Claudio Martignani, founder and today co-owner - with his son Stefano - of the Company that bears the same name, presented and began to spread in Romagna, the Italian homeland region of Sangiovese wine, particularly devoted to wine production and fruit growing, the first pneumatic blowers with low water volume, resulting from a joint initiative of expert Dutch plant pathologists that dates back to 1946. Martignani continues on one`s way, introducing first in Europe the Electrostatic Spraying System (1981), the only one tested in Italy and abroad with phytotherapeutic results.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
Already established in farming practise with thousands of vine and fruit-growers throughout the world, it represents one of the most important contributions towards progress in research into new solutions able to optimize application techniques.
These innovations, regurarly subjected to University Field Tests with published phytotherapeutic results, have been awarded in the most important international competitions as 'Technical Innovations', creating trend among other manufacturers.
After more than 50 years, the Martignani Mist-Blowers, have been established in the best italian fruit companies and vineries and all over the world in 70 countries, including the most important multinational corporations of the agribusiness, thanks to their particular efficacy in treatments with mixtures concentrated up to 10 times, with savings up to 90% of water, 60-70% of time-labor, 30% of chemical, without no dripping on the ground, without electrostatic charge, but up to 50% with the electrostatic turned on, also thanks to the consequent reduction of drift losses into the air.
The other important effect of the electrostatic charge is the absence of unwanted chemical residues on crops, in fact :
thanks to the electrostatic fields formed between the plants, which are good conductors (sap, mineral salts, moisture, etc.) and the chemical mist sprayed from 'Martignani' mist blowers with their special electrostatic charge, droplets saturated with active principle are attracted by the vegetation (branches, leaves, etc.). Numerous tests have shown that it can reduce losses through drifting by 85%, even with windy weather.
Few people know that:
- With mixtures concentrated 10 times it is possible to intervene with optimal results even when the vegetation is covered with morning dew, or it has just stop raining.
- When you have to treat a few hectares of various crops, it is advisable to use not-concentrate mixtures; in this case the experience of more than half a century has confirmed full effect applying a pure normal mix, reduced by 40-50% without the electrostatic charge, because even with increased water volumes, the liquid is always sprayed by forming a real uniform vegetation wetting, without any dripping on the ground and with very small drift-losses, thanks to a consequent increase of the droplets' diameter .
It even takes on greater importance for the ORGANIC and BIODYNAMIC FARMING .
Providential are, in fact, the following system's advantages:
- perfect and uniform nebulisation of any liquid or normal mixture of natural products (classic Bordeaux mixture) , biological and microbiological (such as Bacillus Thuringiensis), polysulphides 'Polisenio' in original liquid form, with the addition of a low volume dilution water, 'Diatomee' powders in liquid suspension, etc, polysulphides 'polisenio' formulated in original liquids, with the addition of a low volume of water dilution.
- No blockage problems or nozzles wear
- Functioning of liquid at low pressure (1.5 bars) to distribute from 50 to 2000 l / ha without any change of nozzles or plates, thanks to
- Precision Metering Units with graduated stainless steel scale with istantaneous adjustment
- Use of a stainless centrifugal pump and special wide passage nozzles (4 mm)
An other innovation, especially for organic and biodynamic agriculture, is the electrostatic Duster Martignani (V.2 University tests 2003 and 2007), Technical Innovation Award EIMA 2014, which, thanks to the significant reduction in losses into the environment, can be used at all hours of the day even where the use of normal powder distributors is allowed only in the early morning or during the night.
Finally, Martignani may be defined as THE NUMBER ONE WITH VARIABLE ELECTROSTATIC VOLUME.