Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Zaragoza (CIHEAM )
Founded in 1962, the CIHEAM is a Mediterranean intergovernmental organisation devoted to the sustainable development of agriculture and fisheries, food and nutrition security and rural and coastal areas. It is composed of 13 member States (Albania, Algeria, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Malta, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey) and operates through its 4 Institutes based in Bari (Italy), Chania (Greece), Montpellier (France) and Zaragoza (Spain) and the Headquarters based in Paris. The CIHEAM collaborates with several international and regional organisations.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
- We believe in a UNITED MEDITERRANEAN where the sustainable development of agriculture, food security and territorial cohesion are the seeds of social stability and inclusive growth.
- We promote MULTILATERAL COOPERATION through specialised training, networked research, scientific diplomacy and political partnerships.
- We contribute to REGIONAL STABILITY, food and nutrition security, health of populations, the protection of the environment and increased access to the job market of youth.
- We strongly believe in INTERCULTURAL DIALOGUE and DIVERSITY. Several nationalities and religions coexist within the CIHEAM.
- We believe in KNOWLEDGE SHARING and the enhancement of links between knowledge and development needs.
- We promote POLITICAL DIALOGUE through the organisation of meetings of the Agricultural Ministries of our member States.
- We develop our actions within an ACCOUNTABILITY framework and implement them through a result-based management approach.
The Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Zaragoza (IAMZ) is one of the four Institutes of the International Centre for Advanced Agronomic Mediterranean Studies (CIHEAM), together with Bari in Italy, Montpellier in France and Chania in Greece. IAMZ was founded in 1969, offering complementary quality and excellence in international training and cooperation through research project management based on IAMZ’s five fields of expertise: Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Animal Production, Plant Production and Food Technology and Agro-food Marketing. IAMZ has become consolidated as a point of reference for specialized international training in the agro-food sector. It is located on the Campus of Aula Dei, one of the largest and prestigious agricultural science complexes in Spain, strengthening synergies between the scientific community, firms and students.
Who we are
We are a global and committed team of professionals with solid experience in postgraduate training, scientific research and international cooperation in matters related to IAMZ's areas of expertise: Plant Production, Animal Production, Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture, and Food Science, Technology & Marketing.
What we do
Training is a core activity at IAMZ and our approach is international and multidisciplinary. IAMZ offers two lines of training: Master programmes and advanced courses. IAMZ’s training activities have great international repercussion, and each year more than 450 university graduates attend our programmes delivered by over 250 guest lecturers from approximately 80 countries. This is an enriching multicultural experience and a unique opportunity to build international professional and collaborational networks. We currently have a portfolio of 8 MSc programmes (we hold 4 each year). We organize between 10 and 12 short courses every year on cutting-edge scientific and technical issues targeted to professionals.
We are also excellent partners in training, collaborating with universities, companies and other international organisations (OECD, FAO, UN, WTO, EFSA, EC, ICARDA, EEAP, etc.) through research projects and networks to design and tailor courses and training activities according to the needs and objectives of our partners, but mainly to help them disseminate the outcome of their projects and network activities.