Nelson and Pade, Inc. helps people get started and become successful in aquaponic food production by providing comprehensive training, proven, science-based Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems and long-term grower support in the Nelson and Pade, Inc. Grower Program. It is more important than ever to utilize methods of cultivating food that are safe and sustainable and result in food that is healthful and free of contamination. Aquaponics, when combined with controlled environment agriculture, is used to grow large quantities of high quality, fresh food in relatively small spaces in an environmentally friendly way. Applied in commercial operations, missions and backyard gardens, aquaponics is at the forfront of a new wave of sustainable agriculture. Consulting, teaching and other business interests have taken Nelson and Pade to over 25 countries around the world.
Nelson and Pade, Inc., the Most Trusted Name in Aquaponics, helps people get started and become successful in aquaponic food production by providing: Project Planning, Comprehensive training, Science-based Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems, Long-term grower support. Our decades of experience in aquaponics are reflected in proven system designs, successful operations and knowledgeable staff.
Rebecca Nelson and John Pade, the founders of Nelson and Pade, Inc.®, believe aquaponic food production can help achieve food security around the world. In consulting, teaching, writing and publishing, they share experience, knowledge and information accumulated through many years of hands-on commercial aquaponic and hydroponic production and research.
For Rebecca Nelson and John Pade, aquaponics and controlled environment agriculture is not a passing fancy, it is not a get-rich quick scheme and it is not new. It is a passion and it is their life’s work.
Their knowledge of hydroponic and aquaponic technology stems from years of hands-on, successful operation of commercial hydroponic and aquaponic greenhouses and over 20 years of self-funded research and development. In addition, they have helped many others get started in hydroponics and aquaponics. As life-long entrepreneurs, they understand the business model and marketing techniques required for success in aquaponics.
As they have travelled the globe and studied modern agriculture, nutrition and food safety, they are confident that aquaponics can help resolve many of the world’s problems and can sustainably provide a high quality food supply, while having a positive impact on the environment.
- August-Nominated for WMC “Coolest Thing Made in Wisconsin”
- August – Awarded Friend of the Environment Award by WI Manufacturing Council
- June-August – Senior Management Team attends and graduates from ExporTech
- Continuous growth brings the employee count to 25!
- June – Awarded WI Sustainable Product of the Year Award by the WI Sustainability Council
- May – Finalist for the WI Governor’s Export Achievement Award
- Launching License Programs in Canada and Bulgaria
- Nov- Celebration of Aquaponics Master Class® attendees from 100+ Countries
- Nov – Nominated and Finalist for The Force for Positive Change Award
- Oct – Nelson and Pade, Inc.® created the world’s first 3D Virtual Reality Aquaponics Greenhouse Tour
- Nelson and Pade, Inc.® was awarded the first Certified Naturally Grown (CNG) Aquaponics Certification
- Received our second patent on Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® with ZDEP®
- June 15, 2015 – Announce increased production on all of our patented Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® with ZDEP®
- April 23-25 – Hosted the Grand Opening of our new, expanded greenhouses facilities and the UWSP-Aquaponics Innovation Center
- We’ve now had attendees of our Aquaponics Master Class™ from all 50 states and 85 countries, spanning 5 continents
- Nelson and Pade, Inc.® continues to experience consistant growth and expanding customer base
- We are finishing construction on a brand new 14,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art aquaponics greenhouse facility at our Montello campus, a part of which will house the new UW-Stevens Point Aquaponics Innovation Center
- As of mid-2014, we have had attendees from over 60 countries and 49 US states attend our Aquaponics Master Class!
- Received “Sustainable Product of the Year” Award for our Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® with ZDEP® from the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council
- Granted patent from the USPTO office on the ZDEP® (Zero Discharge/Extra Production) aquaponic system
- Nominated for Innovative Product of the Year
- Helped to launch the International Aquaponic Society
- Expanded our product offerings
- Had attendees from 4 continents attend our Spring, 2013 Aquaponics Master Class™
- As of Dec, 2013, we have now had attendees of our Aquaponics Master Class™ from 46 countries and 49 US states
- Area Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® cover will nearly double by the end of 2013
- Co-developed the first hybrid University aquaponics course in partnership with UW-Stevens Point
- Spring, 2012 – Announced new aquaponic systems, options and equipment
- Increased workshop attendance to nearly 500 people from 23 counties and 48 US states
- Announced the new ZDEP® aquaponic systems which increases plant production and eliminates waste.
- Established partnership with UW-Stevens Point to offer University credit to attendees of Nelson and Pade, Inc.® workshops
- Implemented project with University of Hawaii and Hawaii Dept. of Labor to offer job training and demonstration of Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® in Hawaii
- Built and shipped Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® to clients in locations including: Trinidad, Mexico, Curacao, Montana, New York, Kansas, Maryland, Idaho, Virginia, Wisconsin, Iowa and California
- 2010 – Built a new 5,000 sq ft demonstration greenhouse
- Moved into larger facility to accommodate growth
- Taught aquaponics to over 200 people from 28 states and 12 countries in our workshops and extended stay learning programs
- Shipped 20 complete Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® to customers in North America, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia
- Built, shipped and began the installation of the first Living Food Bank® Aquaponic System in Haiti.
- Designed and installed two large commercial aquaponic facilities in Wisconsin (KP Simply Fresh in Baraboo, Future Farm in Baldwin)
- Resumed our workshops and training (initially started in California in 1997)
- Welcomed Dr. James Rakocy to our Board of Advisors.
- Wrote and published the first comprehensive book on aquaponics, Aquaponic Food Production
- Began offering complete aquaponic system packages for all applications including commercial, education, home food production and research
- Installed an aquaponic system at the University of the Virgin Islands.
- Relocated the business to Wisconsin from Mariposa, California.
- Began offering custom aquaponic systems.
- Taught the first aquaponics workshops in Australia.
- Wrote and produced the first video on aquaponics, Aquaponic Food Production, available in English and Spanish.
- Planned and assisted in the installation of 1/3 acre aquaponic system in Illinois.
- Designed and installed a 1/2 acre aquaponic facility in California
- Wrote and published the booklet Desktop Aquaponics (updated in 2004)
- Began offering project planning and system design services
- Continued building and testing various aquaponic systems, research and development.
- Wrote Aquaponics Curriculum (now used in schools throughout the world); continued aquaponics research.
- Built numerous controlled environment greenhouse using hydroponics, organic hydroponics and aquaponics throughout the United States.
- Began publishing the Aquaponics Journal (62 issues published to date)
- Continued aquaponics research
- Offered the first aquaponics workshop
- Wrote and produced the interactive CD-Rom, All About Aquaculture
- Wrote and published the book set, How to Start and Succeed in the Hydroponics Business (updated in 2000 and 2004).
- Established aquaponics.com website
- Wrote and produced the interactive CD-Rom, The Encyclopedia of Hydroponic Gardening, wrote and produced the video, Hobby Hydroponics.
- Operated a variety of aquaponic systems in our California greenhouses and raised largemouth bass, catfish, bluegill, koi and fancy goldfish along with a variety of vegetables that were commercially sold.
- Converted 3,000 sq ft hydroponic greenhouse to aquaponics.
- Began building aquaponic systems, testing design theories in California greenhouses.
- Built second controlled environment hydroponic greenhouse.
- Built 5,000 sq ft hydroponic greenhouse; wrote and produced the video, Commercial Hydroponics.
- Wrote and produced the first video on hydroponics, “Hydroponics: Set Up, Care and Maintenance”; built first 4-bay hydroponic controlled environment greenhouse in Wisconsin.
Our mission is to be the leading purveyor of quality, science-based aquaponic systems, training and support and to promote and cultivate success for our customers in aquaponic food production, helping to fill the global demand for sustainably grown, premium quality fish and vegetables.
We believe that our company can help to provide food security for all nations through aquaponics and controlled environment agriculture.
We engage in sustainable business and manufacturing processes and inspire our employees to be the best they can be.
As the global leader in aquaponic food production, we demonstrate responsible growth while focusing on innovation, sustainability and efficiency.
Quality, integrity and relationship building are key components in our business model, reflected in each of the product categories of our business: systems, training, and service and support.
We manufacture and sell Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems®, the best, most complete, science-based aquaponic systems, designed for maximum food production and minimal waste. They are made from high-quality components and include detailed assembly and operation manuals, Standard Operating Procedures and Good Agriculture Practices manuals.
We offer comprehensive, experience-based aquaponic training programs that provide hands-on learning and real-world experience in aquaponics. In partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (UWSP), we offer University credit for our Aquaponics Master Class™ and have collaborated with UWSP to develop and teach the first-of-its-kind University course in aquaponics.
Service and Support
We offer project planning and design services to assist our customers in getting started with valid, accurate information and viable system designs. Our technical support and Nelson and Pade, Inc.® Grower Program provide continued support for our customers once they purchase a system and start growing.