Nordic Star Limited was founded in 1996. It started as a small business selling agricultural products and began specialising in animal ID products in 2000, in particular cattle ear tags. As the cattle ear tag business steadily grew, Nordic Star quickly established itself as a company who deals direct with the farmer. The company believes that, as well as offering a high quality product, it is important to give customers sound advice and expertise in an area which is often regarded as complex and cumbersome for the farmer. Dealing direct with the farmer also means that Nordic Star can offer competitive prices and speedy delivery. It is the combination of our extensive knowledge of the industry, our high quality products and personal service which keeps our customers coming back to us. Nordic Star joined the NMR Plc Group in 2007 and is now established as a major supplier of high quality tag products to the UK.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
With over 10 years experience in the field, Nordic Star has established itself as a key player in the animal identification market. The company's main focus is to offer high quality products and a service that is second to none.
For more information about our ranges of products for Cattle, Pig, Sheep and Goat Identification please click the links shown in the top navigation menu for more details of our services. If you are local to Harrogate you can even collect the Tags in person if they are needed urgently - We will always try to accommodate any request.
Deal Direct for the Service You Deserve
- Our expert staff will discuss your tagging requirements with you.
- If there is a problem during the registration process we let you know immediately to avoid any unnecessary delay.
- If you supply your mobile number when you first place your order then we will be able to get in contact with you quicker should there be a problem with the order.
- Place your order before 3pm and we guarantee that urgently needed tags will be posted the same day.
- For orders placed after 3pm we will always try to accommodate any urgent requirements. We know how busy Farmers are, so we are here to make your life easier.
Benefits of Buying from Nordic Star:
- Dealing Direct therefore No Middleman
- Competitive Prices - only 99p per set of New Cattle Tags
- Buy All Your Replacement Cattle Tags for only £2.00!
- Free Applicator with your first run of 100 cattle ear tag combinations.
- Local to Harrogate? We offer same-day collection if needed for those urgent tag requirements - please call 0800 731 9465 for more details
- Convenient Payment - For NMR Customers option of Payment via your NMR Direct Debit. For all other customers you have the following options: A direct debit can be set up, payment by credit card or an invoice will be sent out a few days after your order and then you can either call and pay over the phone or send a cheque in.
The Tag Ordering and Printing Process
The orders are received onto the tag room PC direct from Customer Services. From there a hard copy of the order and an address sheet are simultaneously produced. As part of this process the order is transferred to the laser PC and converted to a code the laser understands. When it comes to burning the tags the correct template is selected - depending on what tag is required - and then the relevant order file is processed.
The tags are collected and placed in numerical order so that they are easier to sort for the customer. Any additional items such as metal work, applicators, marker pens etc are added at this point and the goods are despatched.