SRC is Saskatchewan`s leading provider of applied R&D and technology commercialization. We take the leading-edge knowledge developed in Saskatchewan and sell it to the world and, at the same time, bring the best knowledge the world has to offer and apply it to the unique Saskatchewan situations. SRC was established in 1947 to advance the development of the province in the physical sciences. Today, the company has evolved to become a market-driven corporation, selling services and products to companies in Saskatchewan and around the world. The corporation has more than 300 staff. Annual revenues are about $27.8 million and growing.
- Business Type:
- Research institute
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
The Saskatchewan Research Council (SRC) is one of Canada’s leading providers of applied research, development and demonstration (RD&D) and technology commercialization.
With 400 employees, over $79 million in annual revenue and 65 years of RD&D experience, SRC provides services and products to its 1,900 clients in Saskatchewan, Canada and around the world.
SRC’s 2011-12 annual economic impact assessment shows that last year:
- We achieved more than $656 million in direct economic benefit to Saskatchewan
- Our work created or maintained over $118 million worth of jobs
- We undertook more than $53 million in projects aimed at creating positive environmental and social impacts
- Our work for clients contributed to the reduction of more than 22,000 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions and saved over 43 million kWh/year of energy
SRC has been in business for more than 65 years, growing from just three employees in the 1950s to more than 400 employees today. Throughout the years SRC has evolved, but the driving force to help improve life in Saskatchewan has never changed.
- SRC was once the Authorized Service Centre for Atari Games
- SRC tested the first-ever diamond discovered in Saskatchewan
- SRC developed the first ever Duel-Fuel™ hydrogen vehicles
- SRC organized “Canada’s Biggest Science Experiment” that had over 3000 students from across Saskatchewan participate in testing water samples from their own communities
- SRC’s SLOWPOKE II nuclear reactor is the only one of its kind in Saskatchewan
- SRC has one of the world’s largest commercial diamond laboratories
We proudly deliver smart science solutions, with unparalleled service to clients and colleagues, that grow and strengthen our economy.
We embrace our safe, creative and diverse work environment which enables us to excel, personally and professionally.
We live by our core values to build a better world.
The Council shall take under consideration matters pertaining to research, development, design, consultation, innovation, and investigation in, and commercialization of, the natural and management sciences, pure and applied, as they affect the welfare of the province, and any particular matters that may be brought to its attention by the Lieutenant Governor in Council. 2000, c.23, s.3
Driven by our passion for a better world, we will break boundaries to become the most internationally recognized and valued science solutions company in North America by 2020.
SRC’s Core Values
Integrity: We deal with people and organizations honestly and ethically.
Respect: We treat people, property, and the environment with respect.
Quality: We deliver quality to clients and colleagues.
One Team: We work together in the best interests of SRC.