Stratford Farm Equipment has 5 convenient locations in South-Western Ontario. Stratford Farm Equipment is the dream of two young entrepreneurs: William (Bill) T. Brown and Arnold (Van) Van Andel. The business began in the fall of 1958 and was officially on the map in 1959. Bill worked for International Harvester as a young man and furthered his sales career at IH dealerships in Chatham and London. It was in London where Bill met Van who was working in the Service department. Stratford Farm Equipment grew through the sixties and flourished in the seventies only to face tough realities late in the Seventies and early eighties. The business and many good customers suffered under the pressures of high interest rates combined with the tough economic times; however, due to the dedicated efforts of the staff and quality of agriculture in the area our business not only survived it grew.
In 1987 we opened our second location in London Ont.. Garry Tye formerly with Tye Farm Equipment of Thorndale was initially the general manager and soon became a partner and key individual in the business. Again in 1996, with the untimely passing of long time IH dealer Harley Zehr, Stratford Farm Equipment expanded into it's third location New Hamburg, Ont.. Kevin Kropf became a partner in this location in 1999 and has now assumed the role of general manager while maintaining his sales responsibilities. The business has continued to be strong due to strong partnerships, excellent staff and a strong customer base.
While other companies talk customer service we will live it in our day to day activities, supplying superior products which will maximize our customers productivity and success.