Soil and water quality are just as important to the long term health of humanity as the air we breathe. Healthy soil is a living, biologically diverse environment that recycles nutrient and captures carbon to create the food we eat, the natural environment we enjoy and the playing surfaces for many of the world’s major sports. Agriculture, horticulture and turf management has come to rely on cheap inorganic fertilisers, water and pesticides to stimulate plant growth and disease control. Nowadays fertilisers are not cheap, many pesticides are banned and productivity of compromised soils is declining.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Agriculture - Horticulture
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
- We believe you have a choice you either promote healthy soil to get the soil biology to work for you and reap the benefits of plant and soil evolution or you use soil as a receptacle for chemicals and fight nature in a never ending battle.
- Soil and water based micro organisms drive all the nutrient cycles that ensure our planet's survival by degrading organic waste and recycling nutrients for plant and animal growth. Symbio was established in 1990 to research and commercialise biological solutions to maximise soil and plant health.
- Our initial research partner was a spin off from the Pasteur Institute in Paris. Since then we have formed collaborative partnerships and sponsored PhD research projects with the Universities of London, Surrey and Swansea.
- We also collaborate with researchers, and biotech laboratories and agronomists in the USA, The Netherlands and Scandinavia to produce the best solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Product improvement and market development is a continuing process and we welcome approaches from researchers and distribution companies who share our values and would like to work with us.
- Symbio is pleased to announce that it's MycoForce range of Mycorrhizal Inoculants was awarded Millennium Product status as one of the best new technologies developed in Britain to develop the environment.
Soil biology drives the nutrient cycles that create the healthy plants that feed and adorn our planet. Too often natural growth is overridden by the use of inorganic fertilisers and pesticides resulting in poor soil and weak, chemical dependent plants.
Symbio specialises in selecting and applying the mycorrhizae, soil bacteria and fungi, and the organisms found in a healthy soil food web to help our customers and consultants grow strong, healthy, nutritious plants with minimal use of inorganic fertilisers and pesticides in cost effective IPM programmes.