Troutlodge, Inc. - part of Hendrix Genetics
Troutlodge is the world’s leading producer of eyed trout eggs. Each year we produce over 500 million trout eggs and ship them to over 60 countries. In operation since 1945, we specialize in rainbow trout eggs and offer all-female and triploid eggs. In addition, we have grown to become the Pacific Northwest`s leading supplier of live rainbow trout for public and private stocking programs. Valued customers are at the heart of what we do, and we pride ourselves on serving them with the highest-quality products and services.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors. Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
From humble beginnings to world leader
Troutlodge is one of the oldest aquaculture companies in North America, having been in business since 1945. We have been on the cutting edge of trout aquaculture and were the first in many areas of trout aquaculture.
Troutlodge operations are located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest USA - the native home to rainbow trout. Starting from a producer of trout for local food markets, Troutlodge is now the world's leading producer of eyed salmonid eggs. We are also one of the largest private suppliers of live trout. We supply these trout to large public utility districts, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, indigenous tribal entities and other public and private entities.
Founded in 1945 by friends Ed McLeary and Ken Drew, Troutlodge has grown and adapted in order to accommodate its growing customer base and the evolving needs of the trout industry. In the USA, Troutlodge has grown to include a total of 8 facilities located throughout the states of Washington and Idaho, including its original home at the springs that form the headwaters of the Rocky Ford Creek. In addition, Troutlodge owns and operates freshwater subsidiaries in the Isle of Man and our sister company produces trout eggs in Chile. Chilean operations were founded in 1996, and the Isle of Man operations began in 2007 with the purchase of the Glen Wyllin Trout Farm. The expansion onto the Isle of Man gave Troutlodge its first production sites in Europe.
Together, the network of Troutlodge facilities enable us to take advantage of ideal water conditions for the growth and maintenance of its broodstock, and better serve the company's global markets and of course our customers around the world.
Our vision is our mission
We are dedicated to generating innovative and sustainable solutions for the animal protein sector that meet the complex and varied challenges of food production. Backed by a strong portfolio of leading brands, Hendrix Genetics provides industry-leading expertise and resources to producers worldwide.
By respecting and caring for people, animals and the environment, Hendrix Genetics is committed to delivering better breeding today, for a brighter life tomorrow.
Who are we?
- A growing international company that is committed to keeping and protecting a warm and inclusive atmosphere. For us, everybody counts.
- A leader offering the best genetics in turkeys, layers, traditional poultry, swine, salmon, trout and shrimp.
- An innovator who partners with start-ups to make an impact on the future of the agriculture industry
- A dynamic and multi-cultural team with over 3,400 employees who operate from locations in more than 25 countries worldwide
- A privately held company with family shareholders: Thijs Hendrix and Antoon van den Berg and a long-term strategic minority shareholder NPM Capital
What are we passionate about?
- Providing healthy proteins to help feed the world.
- Our people: expect a friendly atmosphere in which everybody counts.
- Offering a well-organized and stable work environment. Balance is key, if you ask us.
- Continuous learning: and we encourage our employees to do the same.
- Complex innovations and smart developments.
- Our animals, of course.
What is the culture of Hendrix Genetics?
Our culture is that of a community. As members of the Hendrix family you’re never just a number; everybody counts. Respect is core to the environment you work in. Respect for each other and respect for the animals that we care for.
Collaboration is a key to our success and connecting people and knowledge is at the heart of our business. We collaborate in order to maximize synergy, both as a company and with partners, clients and customers. We know that to achieve our vision we need the best team.