UFC Farm Supply is locally owned and operated by United Farmers Cooperative (UFC). With five locations south and west of the Twin Cities, we pride ourselves in serving you first. UFC Farm Supply is your one-stop shop with Ace Hardware, fuels and propane, rental, pet food and supplies, paint, clothing and boots, parts and service, garden center, powersports, equipment sales and much more! Stop in and ask our friendly staff for help with your next need or project.
UFC Farm Supply has been in business since 1946 and is locally owned and operated by United Farmers Cooperative (UFC). With five UFC Farm Supply locations south and west of the Twin Cities, we pride ourselves in serving you first. UFC Farm Supply is your one-stop shop with Ace Hardware, fuels and propane, rental, pet food and supplies, paint, clothing and boots, parts and service, garden center, powersports, equipment sales and much more! Stop in and ask our friendly staff for help with your next need or project.
- 1946 - Waconia Creamery Association purchased the Waconia Elevator Association
- 1955 - A 30,000 galloon LP storage tank was installed and the sale of LP tanks and bulk LP to private homes began
- 1962 - The business had outgrown its building and was expanded to the highway 284 location.
- 1963 - The new location opened with an expanded line including hardware, appliances, animal health supplies and work clothing.
- 1966 - The Waconia Creamery Association Board of Directors decided to closed the creamery and began to reorganize the cooperative to continue only their farm supply department.
- 1975 - The cooperative was officially named Waconia Farm Supply.
- 1975-76 - Business continued to grow as lines of farm machinery and lawn and garden equipment were added. The building was expanded to include a larger shop and more store area. A new feed warehouse was also built.
- 1979 - The purchase of an Anhydrous Ammonia plant in New Germany was made to enable the cooperative to better serve its farm customers.
- 1982 - A refined fuel plant was purchased from Flite Oil Co. and Waconia Farm Supply added delivery of bulk gasoline, diesel fuel, and furnace fuel to its customer services.
- 1987 - An expansion of a shop area and enlarged feed warehouse was added.
- 1988 - Construction began on a complete fertilizer facility, which enabled Waconia Farm Supply to provide better and more complete agronomy services to its patrons at competitive prices. A new underground-refined fuel plant was also added.
- 1991 - Another 30,000 gallon storage tank was added as the service area continued to expand. The Hamburg Clark Feed Mill was also purchased.
- 1993 - Cologne Milling was purchased and the main Waconia building was expanded to add office space, retail store area and more parts and shop area.
- 1995 - Snowmobile, ATV, and watercraft lines were added.
- 2009 - Waconia location received a face-lift on the inside and outside of the building.
- 2010 - Waconia Farm Supply initiated a merger with Hennepin Co-op and received store fronts in Maple Plain, Dayton and a C-store in Rush City.
- 2011 - Both Maple Plain and Dayton locations were remodeled and expanded to offer Ace Hardware, Carhartt clothing, a full paint department, Echo and Stihl power equipment, expanded lawn and garden lines and expanded pet food and supplies.
- 2013 - Both the Dayton and St. Paul store locations were closed and on September 1, 2013, Waconia Farm Supply merged with United Farmers Cooperative (UFC). Waconia Farm Supply became a retail division of UFC and was renamed UFC Farm Supply. The existing Agronomy and Energy departments were rebranded as UFC.