VAL-CO is a global manufacturer of high-quality systems and components for commercial poultry production, pig production and egg production. To guarantee performance you can count on, all VAL-CO products are expertly designed and manufactured with the end-user in mind.
How It All Started
In 1935, F. W. 'Fritz' Steudler purchased the Vallorbs Jewel Company, less than 2 years after graduating from Millersville State Teacher’s College. Vallorbs manufactured watch bearings, aircraft instrumentation bearings and sapphire phonograph needles, focusing on precision and quality. In the 1960s, Vallorbs began manufacturing special components for the commercial nuclear industry.
The ability to produce precision machined parts gave Fritz and one of his sons, Fred, the idea to develop poultry watering systems. That idea led to the beginning of Val Products, Inc. As the company’s poultry watering product line continued to grow, a decision was made to expand to offer a full line of livestock production equipment.
VAL-CO is formed
In 2002, VAL-CO™ was formed by combining the capabilities of several prominent brands: Beacon, Blue Earth, Pax, Raydot, Safeguard,Val and Vallorbs.
- Beacon (Buffalo, Missouri, USA) manufactured poultry feeders and pad cooling systems.
- Blue Earth (Cokato, Minnesota, USA) manufactured control systems for livestock barns with a strong focus on research and development.
- Pax (Coldwater, Ohio, USA) manufactured bins, feed delivery, breeder nesting, poultry floor feeding, brooder heating, swine drops, chain feeding products.
- Raydot (Cokato, Minnesota, USA) manufactured ventilation systems—primarily fans, chimneys and inlets—for livestock barns.
- Safeguard (New Holland, Pennsylvania, USA) manufactures VAL-CO products as well as small animal housing, humane animal traps, custom sheet metal and more under the Safeguard name.
- Val (Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania, USA) continues to manufacture its renowned poultry watering systems, high pressure fog systems and air inlets.
- Vallorbs (Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania) remains a high precision manufacturer of machined components. In addition to providing components to VAL-CO for watering and high pressure misting systems, it services various other industries, including nuclear, medical and defense.
Throughout the first decade of the 21st century, VAL-CO acquired light manufacturing, sales, distribution and support facilities in Europe, Asia and South America. Today these sites play a vital role in satisfying the growing worldwide demand for VAL-CO products and services.