The company, founded in 1963 began as a manufacturer of self propelled forage wagons designed be Wilmer Smale. Many of these wagons are still up and running today. Since then, the company has distinguished itself in the field of livestock handling equipment and has become a leader in the industry. The Smale Powder coating system was one of the pioneers in powder coating in Canada when it was initially installed in 1976. Today, there are over 10,000 powder coating systems in North America. The powder coating process begins with 5 consecutive showers in a deluge of 16,000 recycled gallons of preparatory chemicals, then a hot air blow off. The product is now ready for the state of the art application of electro-statically applied state of the art powder.
The automatic conveyor line then takes the product into 450 degree F. bake ovens. 30 minutes later, the toughest, most durable colour coating is completed and the product is ready for shipment. On properly prepared material, powder coating gives 8-10 times the life of baked wet spray paint. Compared to poorer preparations or none, the factors are much more.
7 years since its reintroduction to North America, the tree is currently doing well here and in locations around the world. Fossil evidence indicates that the Empress is native to North America.
- The Empress tree is a very fast growing premium hard wood tree.
- Yielding, long, knot free, air dryable, honey coloured premium hardwood
- 10ft of growth in the 1st year
- 10+ years=15-20 in. dia. trunk, in long lengths
- Regrows from the stump up to 7 times
- The huge leaves consume large quantities of carbon dioxide/carbon
- Does well in grow zones 6 and above
- Is not bio-engineered
- Is not invasive, the seed pods are sterile
- Does NOT have any of the invasive traits of the Tomentosa/Princess, the black sheep of the Paulownia tree family
Carbon is the unit of measure used by environmental scientists of the world to equate each of the Green House Gasses to a common denominator, allowing a multinational manufacturing corp., to be compared to any farm, to be compared to any office, tower or not, compared to any energy sector corp., compared to any family home. The numbers will vary greatly, but the unit of measure is the same (carbon) for all. (carbon deficits)
All forms of work/effort expel carbon or Green House Gasses:
- An engine burning fossil expels carbon dioxide and carbon
- Heating, cooling, altering processes all produce carbon/carbon dioxide
- Almost every process, produces pollution/Green House Gasses
- Electricity although it is clean when consumed, is created with pollution/GHG in its it process
- Man and all animals consume oxygen and expel carbon dioxide to live
On the other hand, almost all living plants consume carbon dioxide and expel oxygen to live.
Our world’s veracious appetite for wood means as a global community we consume 750,000,000 more trees a year than the millions we do plant, reducing the oxygen expelled and the carbon dioxide/carbon consumed.
Carbon is in most of the common things we see each day, in the wood and leaves of the trees, in the grass beneath our feet, in the crops we grow, in buildings, roads, all metal, and the air we breathe.
Diamonds are pure compressed carbon.
To understand everything about Carbon would take years. We have touched on the points of relevance to our projects and the trees involved.