Aquaculture Europe 2019
The German aquaculture sector is unique in its diversity, ranging from extensive cultivation systems in ponds and coastlines to intense indoor farming. The annual aquaculture production of fish and mussels accounts for 33,000 tonnes. Main finfish species common carp and other cyprinids are produced in warm water ponds, rainbow trout and other salmonids in flow-through and raceways systems. Freshwater species encompass sturgeon, catfish, eel, pikeperch and perch. Marine aquaculture entails the production of blue mussels and oysters in the North Sea and Baltic Sea, as well as a handful of high-tech RAS facilities producing tropical shrimp and marine finfish for high end markets. Marine and freshwater microalgae and macro algae are being cultivated by several companies throughout the country.
- Event Type:
- Oct. 7-10, 2019
- ESTREL Congress Center
- Berlin , Germany
Our Future - Growing From Water
All life on earth emerged from water. The aquaculture sector nourishes and stimulates life in water in all its ways, and thereby holds the potential to overcome many of the challenges our society faces. The future of healthy and sustainably produced food and commodities lies in the diversity of aquaculture, from single-cell microalgae in bioreactors to fish teeming in sea pens or freshwater ponds.
Truly unlocking this potential requires innovative ways to support the aquaculture economy, generation of new business models and support of start-ups. We need to proactively work towards the demands of existing and new markets for all our products, seeking new alliances in international trade and consumer support. Meanwhile, the challenges of climate change and scarcity of natural resources are urgent and require our full attention in respect and appreciation of the ecosystems we work with.
Let there be life – and a future growing from water!
In addition to the thematic sessions, AE2019 also includes parallel and poster sessions. This is an initial list of sessions that will be open for online abstract submission. This list could be subject to change.
- Climate change
- Environmental and ecosystem management
- Environmental impact of aquaculture — problems coming FROM and TO aquaculture
- Aquaculture on offshore structures
- Integrated Multitrophic Aquaculture (IMTA)
- Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS) and Closed Containment Systems (CSS)
- Flow through and raceway systems
- Pond systems
- Cage systems
- Biofloc systems
- Organic aquaculture
- Hatchery technologies and practices
- Nutrition: Physiology and requirements
- Nutrition: Additives and ingredients
- Reproduction and broodstock management
- Morphology and physiology
- Fish welfare
- Selective breeding
- Genomic research, tools and applications
- Ornamentals Laboratory aquatic models — zebrafish and others
- Mollusc production and restoration
- Freshwater crayfish: culture, genetic, biodiversity and ecology
- Pathogens and diseases
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Food quality, safety and feed safety
- Processing, co-products and value addition
- Markets and marketing
- Governance, policy, regulations and strategic planning
- Education, knowledge management, transfer and extension networks
- Percid fish
- Aquaculture technology and biology
- Mediterranean aquaculture
- Aquaculture in Central and Eastern Europe
- Baltic aquaculture
- Animal ingredients in aquafeed
The Aquaculture Europe events are all about communication with the sector. AE2019 will feature a special international trade exhibition, where German and international companies will present their latest products and services.
Both Standard and Corner booths will be available and each booth is 6m2 (2x3m) and features walls, carpet, two chairs and one table, spotlights, one power outlet, fascia identification sign and two free passes for the conference. Since 2014, EAS has teamed up with the European Aquaculture Technology and Innovation Platform (EATiP) to organise a special one-day event of panel discussions focussing on relevant and timely issues for the sector. The EAS thematic groups will also organise special sessions and/or workshops within AE2019. The AE event is a focal point for meetings of European associations, satellite workshops of EU projects and other events. We can provide options for your meeting.
Other industry panels will take place around the trade exhibition, and technical tours will be organised.